1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD 4430mb setting

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by halfhere, May 29, 2006.

1. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

I have recently read in a post a while back that switching your format in clone from dvd5 to 4430mb setting that that will work better for your discs and burning. However, after changing that setting and burning a few movies i noticed that i was making coasters instead of good backups like before. Anyone else having these problems? What is the main purpose for this setting anyways? Is it if the % of burning that matters as to why you would change this setting.

2. pazzini

pazzini Guest

I have never had a problem with the default setting DVD-5. If you were happy with the results before why change it.

What seems to be happening is that you are burning to close to the edge/end of the disc, that is why you are now getting coasters. IMO

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I would recommend the default DVD 5 setting, which is basically equivalent to 4300 in DVD Shrink. I personally use 4600 just for a bit of extra insurance and have experienced no problems at all......

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Make sure you are using good quality media if you wish to keep that setting (4430mb. I personally suggest using Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media, I have not had one coaster with these discs and I have burnt well in excess of 400+ movies.