1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD Burning Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tk426, Aug 8, 2007.

1. tk426

tk426 Member

I'm new to the whole DVD copying thing and have just started using Elby's Clone DVD and Slysoft's Any DVD.
    What tends to happen is that on some discs the copying is perfect, with both picture and sound being 100%, while on others the sound breaks up in various places throughout the disc, making it impossible to watch.
    I don't store the information on my computer, I simply copy the original DVD straight onto a blank DVD+R disc.
    Any suggestions why this happens and what I need to do to resolve it would be very much appreciated.

Andy.

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

which kind of blank media are you using? When you burn what does it say the compression rate is? Can you remember a ballpark figure?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Poor quality media yields poor results. Try TYs or Verbs, for example.

4. tk426

tk426 Member

I'm not sure what it's saying the compression rate is, so I'm gonna have to check on that.
    The media I'm using is TDK 1-16x speed 4.7 GB single sided discs.

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

TDK is not known to be a top of the line media. You could try burning a a slower rate if you persist in using this brand of media for DVD backups....

6. tk426

tk426 Member

So, is it only likely to be the type of media that I'm using that causes this 'fluttering' with the backup DVD's? I have tried burning at a slower speed (so far I've left it at maximum), but the results are worse on my Sony DVD player. The discs just wouldn't play. If I leave it at maximum, at least the discs are being copied.
    Two recent titles were "The Hills Have Eyes 2" and "Eragon" which were 100% perfect, whereas "Koyaanisqatsi" and "Dracula Prince Of Darkness" had the problem. On both discs at certain points the sound is choppy.

7. res2cue

res2cue Guest

in my opinion, assuming everything is the same from movie to movie, I would be looking at the disc brand.

read this link for more info on TDK brand discs. here

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  8. jnrhayes

jnrhayes Member

I have been using ANYDVD for awhile just downloaded CLONEDVD2 tried to use clone dvd mode when it burnt movie just burnt small aerea and was unusable to read in player Thanks

9. tk426

tk426 Member

Well I don't seem to have that problem. The copy is 100% complete.
    I've switched to Verbatim discs and everything seemed fine until last night when I checked a copy and the problem was back again.
    It's frustrating that the problem seems to be pretty random. Why are some perfect, while others aren't?