1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD to Videora ipod question

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by m00kie40, Dec 26, 2007.

1. m00kie40

m00kie40 Member

I got a new ipod video and I wanted to put some movies on it. I had some DVDs already on my cpu from having done a lot of ripping with Clone DVD, and here is my issue...

There are five movie files after you rip a DVD to the cpu for me... VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, etc. All the way to 5.

Well, I initially assumed that all five helped make up the whole and that I could just rip each and then watch all five together on my ipod, but sometimes one of the files when I scan it with Videora looks MUCH bigger than the rest of the scans. Like, for instance with one movie I scanned it the VTS_01_1 file was 220 MB, the VTS_01_2 file was 220 MB, but the VTS_01_3 file was 7587 MB, despite all three reading that they were the same size.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way to do this that I'm not doing? Bare in mind these files I'm practicing on I had ripped to my cpu with the intention of burning them to a disc, and occassianlly I would keep subtitles, extra audio, commentaries, etc... Should I just rescan the movies I want with Clone DVD and try to make it better for the ipod? As in, one audio stream, no subtitles, etc? Or should I use a whole different system?

Thanks!

2. m00kie40

m00kie40 Member

Hmmm.. should I be using CloneDVD Mobile for this instead? Or is there a free version that's easier?

3. radhey

radhey Guest

4. m00kie40

m00kie40 Member

Doesn't say anything about the question I asked whatsoever, nor does it have anything to do with CloneDVD.

5. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

ok heres the thing when you ripped those movies to video with clone dvd, usually the bigger file is the main movie, my sugestions are if you have those movies still handy re-ripped them using dvd decrypter, if you use dvd decrypeter follow along with my tutorial video.

Dvd decrypter to ipod

if you need help drop my a line on my youtube account. Good Luck