1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD v1.1.4.1 released

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Shoey, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Shoey

Shoey Guest

CloneDVD v1.1.4.1 released

Update/Info:
    CloneDVD extracts, transcodes and writes any orginal DVD title you like to a single recordable DVD.

- Copies movies in top quality
    - Extracts, transcodes and writes any orginal DVD title you like to a single recordable DVD
    - You can include or exclude the original menu
    - Uses high-quality transcoding technology
    - EXTRA CRUNCHY: Crunches (compresses) your choice of DVD titles with your selected
    - Audio- and Subtitle Streams to one DVD Recordable
    - Impressive program speed
    - Video Preview plays an overview of all selectable DVD titles
    - Very easy to use: Our unique Film Strip will guide you step by step through all settings - very suitable for beginners!
    - Image Quality: With an average selection of Audio- and Subtitle streams you will not notice a difference in comparison to the original. No block-artefacts
    - Preferences: Memorizes the last settings that were made by the user and proposes it the next time the program starts
    - Works with most hardware and software DVD Players
    - Writes on DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW
    - Stable and fast, does not need an ASPI driver

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/index.html

Shoey

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Cheers. Has anyone compared the quality to DVD2One or XPRESS yet?

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Early reports show great video playback but some have produced coasters. Many complained about the "sheep" eatin' popcorn while movie was burnin' (ROFLMAO) but hey it's the first official release and many more updates to come?
    At least I hope as Team Elby has forgotten about CloneCD?

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    ATA\133 hd[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2003
  4. AND1

AND1 Guest

Tried clonedvd out and I must say very good. Havent compared the two yet. This caught my eye

"You can include or exclude the original menu"

dvd2one does not have that feature.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink 2.3 does tho..

Not tried CloneDVD yet but have downloaded & will try when time prevails

6. An6eLo

An6eLo Member

Will try CloneDVD this weekend too and post results.

7. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

I tried clonedvd this weekend, and I'm impressed, its pretty good and its nice to have the menu in the dvd. I like how it previews different scenes of the movie. I haven't seen a big difference between dvd2one and clonedvd, I am going to continue using dvd2one, till I purchase clonedvd, maybe by then there will be newer version. But so far... so good..

raj

8. An6eLo

An6eLo Member

In comparing DXCX and Clone DVD this weekend, I found Clone to have just as good as, if not having better, quality than DXCX. The picture was less blocky and seemed less choppy as well.

Does anyone know how they do the transcoding already? I think I read somewhere that Clone takes out some of the frames? Shouldn't this produce choppier movies instead?

And I realize that this is probably due to computer specs but I found Clone to be more stable. I think perhaps it was because they were doing the transcoding from the HDD instead of the DVD-reader like DXCX does. But in any case, I've produced less coasters using Clone as I've encounted some read-errors with DXCX using the same movie originals.

The speed of Clone is comparable to DXCX on my computer system but it is still not as user-friendly as DXCX's 1-button copy&burn.

How about comparisons to DVD2One as far as the programs' functionality, reliability, and quality? Anyone there who've used both?