1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD2 and Verbatim DVD+R DL

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by uc7, May 1, 2007.

1. uc7

uc7 Member

I have a somewhat strange question. I have been using Verbatim DL Media for over a year now, and I have had no problems with it until recently. It seems as though I am getting failures with the Verbatim media, but only when I am using the CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD together.

It isn't the AnyDVD, as using the good old DVDDecrypter works just fine while using AnyDVD. I found it really odd that I can get coasters with CloneDVD2, but not using DVDDecrypter.

Has anyone else had this? I did read through some messages on the forum that specified mildly similar problems with Verbatim media. I wonder if it is the Verbatim quality going downhill, or if CloneDVD2 is the culprit. (BTW - the drive is a Plextor 760A, with latest firmware, and the CloneDVD + AnyDVD are the latest releases)

Thank you for any assistance ahead of time.

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I don't think the Verbatim dual layer is going downhill because most people who use that same media,including me for burning xbox360 games don't get any problem with it,in fact that is the recommended media to use for dual layer.But a possibility of a bad batch can exist.You could try using Imgburn(freeware)to burn your dual layer discs as it handles this process pretty well.It's an updated version of DVDDecrypter and very to use.

Vincent.

3. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    Regarding Slysoft products & DL DVD's.
    You're better of with CloneCD. It does 1:1 copies, keeping layer break too.
    As already mentioned try other s/w 1st.
    Of course it is possible that a batch of MCC media has a problem. But I'd look elsewhere initially.

4. jawapaul

jawapaul Member

Hi there. Sorry to hijack the thread,

I've just spent a week making coffee coasters out of Verbatim DVD-R ZD9030-DVR-J474F.

I got a 50 disc slab and have only had 1 in 10 actually complete burning. The cheepie crap Tevion etc work no problems.

I need some settings advice to save some plastic.

I'm running XP Pro SP2 with Slysoft AnyDVD 5.9.6.1 running in the background and use CloneDVD2 2.8.5.1 to back-up normal single layer DVD movies.

I can back-up movies all day without problem. But as soon as I use the new Verbatim DVD-R's......... it $hits itself half way through the final burn process with the 'bad media' error.

Any sugestions ?

Thanx guys.... I love your work ;)

5. jawapaul

jawapaul Member

Must also add the DVD's in question have "16x certified" writen on them, what does this mean ?

Will they be compatable with my burner, which is a LiteOn LH-18A1P - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive.

Is there a non-default speed I should be using, and how do I change this using cloneDVD2 ?

I also get a similar error using Nero7.

Cheers.

6. jawapaul

jawapaul Member

One more thing...... (sorry, I'm trying to give as much info as relevant)

in AnyDVD the drive info states >

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.9.6.1)
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

However the properties of the Lite-on burner indicate region 4, with 4 possible changes. Should I change it to region 4, even though it states it is on 4 (Australia ?)

I thought AnyDVD removes the region crap.....Mmmm confused :(

The DVD I'm trying to back-up is Matrix (original) locked (according to AnyDVD) to region 4

AnyDVD pops up an error stating that it's unable to crack the CSS key etc etc. I have enabled the CSS region key archive. But it still doesn't like it at all.

It says to set the drive region code to that of the disc. Why would you do that if you can only do it 4 times ???

I don't think this relates to the burn Verbatim problem above, as that happens with any movie I try to back-up. But it is osmething than perplexes me.

Thanx 4 ur patience guru dudes ;)

7. elby

elby Member

Updating the programs might help.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

anydvd 5.9.6.1, was released 5-13-2006
    i wounder why ye can not copy that title?

today its at>>>>>>>>>>>6.1.3.6 4-13-2007
    beta=anydvd 6142 5-3-07

clonedvd 2.8.5.1= 2005 07 12

today=Version 2.9.0.3: 2006 12 13
    CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta 5-3-07

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  9. jawapaul

jawapaul Member

I think I managed to fix it......... I had to upgrade the firmware of the lite-on, which fixed the burning issue with the verbatim.

However............. then the burner was no longer recognised by Nero....!!! Arrgghhh I could only burn discs in Admin profile.

I had to uninstall Nero, and clean it from the registry etc etc etc.
    Then uninstall the burner, have it re-installed. Uninstall AnyDVD and reinstall it again (same version btw - 5.9.6.1)then reinstall Nero.

Now it works just fine.

The version of AnyDVD, whilst it is old and can be problematic, had nothing to do with my error. In fact, Matrix Original was around long before this version of AnyDVD.

Thanx for the reply's however, and keep up the good work guys...

Cheers,

S.

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

zebadee when using CloneCD does it keep the layer break correct if you do just the main title(movie only)?

11. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    CloneCD will not let you edit in that way.
    It does what it says. i.e. Copies 1:1.
    So if editing, even movie only then CloneDVD2 or other s/w is required.