1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD2 Guide on Compression Settings.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CodyMac, Dec 29, 2004.

1. CodyMac

CodyMac Guest

This is my 3rd day of backing up DVD's and i must say CloneDVD2 is an awesome program, I use DVDDecrypter first and then CloneDVD2 and it has NEVER failed( ive done about 20 backups), My question is, after reading the guide @

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/full_dvd_to_dvdr_with_clonedvd_page_3.cfm

Is there a more in Depth Guide than the one listed Above? My First movie i came across with Quality Below 50% was Shrek2 and i know i have plenty of movies ahead that will be below 50% also. However
    My quality was at 47% on the TITLE CONFIGURATION screen, but im not able to do anything to raise it above 50% because i dont know what all the check marks mean, and when i do uncheck boxes, my Quality % doesnt move. What can i take out that i wouldnt know was there in the First place? All i ever need on any backup i make is The english Audio and the video/menus/chapeters.

Also, on the next screen Audio and subtitle settings, my Quality is 57%, when i go through all the Chapters and Remove anything that isnt
    English Dolby A/C-3-6
    English Dolby A/C-3-2
    *such as French Dolby A/C-3-6*

the quality still stays at 57%
    Leaving the % where they are i went ahead and burned the movie and it still looks great. No one can tell that its a backup. Im not unhappy by any means, im just wondering if im losing any kind of Quality?
    Thank you~!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi CodyMac, Welcome to AD. When you open the dvd with Clonedvd you get a list on the right side with everything on the dvd including trailers and extras. As you click on each one of the lines it will play in the preview window. When you come across something you don't like or need just uncheck that line. Once unchecked it won't copy and you should see the compression value change. The more you uncheck the better it gets towards the green area. Hope this helps.

Jerry

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Also depending on the size of the line you uncheck, it may take several to show up in the compression area. Some lines are so small in size that it doesn't look like it moves.

Jerry

4. CodyMac

CodyMac Guest

Thanks J, Sounds easy. Will try it tonight.