1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD2 or DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cody5150, Mar 16, 2007.

1. cody5150

cody5150 Member

I have been using DVDShrink for a few months and have been using CloneDVD only for movies that wont work for shrink. Shrink is probably more popular and thats why I am using it as a main ripper. my question.....

why shrink over clonedvd?

shrink takes at LEAST 3 times as long for some reason. Is shrink better for quality or is it around the same? should I just use clonedvd?

thanks in advance.

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

if you have a big screen TV, go with shrink, it produces better quality picture @ high levels of compression. clonedvd2 is great for new encryptions. hey, why not both, shrink is free.

3. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

I use Shrink for everyhing but the new Sony movies clonedvd2 takes care of those.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Are you using AnyDVD also? Then Use CloneDVD2 they were made for each other. I personally use AnyDVD and NeroRecode when they will work together. I have CloneDVD and use it as a last resort.

5. pstamer

pstamer Guest

You could also use Anydvd and Shrink if you want to go the cheaper route. Although Slysoft does have some nifty discounts at times. If you want to go the free route try Ripit4me which incorporates Shrink and Fixvts.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Actually for the newer movies, AnyDVD and Shrink have not been playing well with each other, as they have in the past.

7. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Very true. I didn't think of that. Anydvd and Clonedvd2 combination is just hard to beat.

8. sdsunjay

sdsunjay Guest

codi best thing to use is ripitforme, dvddecrypter, and dvd shrink. They work every single time with amazing results.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

sdsunjay

Ripit4me is an excellent program also. Have been using it more and more. It will do all the movies like AnyDVD used to do. I still like anyDVD and recode because once the project is started, then it's done when the disc is burned. One click to initiate the back up, after parameters are set. You don't have to come back and tell Shrink what to do with the output file from ripit4me.

10. sdsunjay

sdsunjay Guest

I guess your right. But i prefer to have more control over my "back up" process.