1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Closed**For Sale: NEW TiVo Dual Tuner HD DVR 180 hr, Free Lifetime Service (LA, CA, USA)

Discussion in 'Sell your stuff' started by rick_la, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick_la

rick_la Member

For Sale NEW in sealed box, TiVo Dual Tuner High Definition DVR, includes Lifetime Service.
    Model #TCD652160

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price for the unit and Lifetime Service is $575.00.

TiVo sells this unit for $299, and when TiVo was still offering Lifetime Service for purchase, they charged $399...a total of $698.

Connects directly to your home network for internet capabilities, or wirelessly with the $60 TiVo wireless USB adapter. I will include a new sealed box USB wireless adapter for $50.00.

High Definition TiVo will receive HD broadcast channels using a Digital antenna (ATSC) or analog channels using an Analog antenna. (HD broadcast signals are available in most metropolitan areas) Also, cable cards are only required for use with cable if you are replacing a cable box, (or for future upgrades to your cable service). If your current cable service does not require a cable box, then the tuners should work with your current service.

Product highlights:
    * The ultimate HDTV DVR—all-in-one cable box replacement
    * Works with basic cable or digital cable using CableCARDs
    * Control Cable TV with pause, rewind, fast-forward and slow-mo
    * Record 20 hours in HD (or up to 180 hours in SD), expandable
    * Record two shows at once in HD, (even while watching a recorded show)
    * Easily expand your storage (hours) capacity with USB unit

Broadband Features:
    * Download thousands of movies directly to your TV using Amazon Unbox
    * Share home movies with your friends and family on their TV
    * Watch any show, anywhere you go. TiVOToGo™ is an easy way to send TV programs to a computer or laptop, or transfer a personal playlist of videos to your handheld device.
    * Get broadband videos, music and photos on your TV
    * Schedule shows online
    * Discover broadcast and broadband shows with universal Swivel Search
    * With Rhapsody on TiVo, you can choose from millions of songs, tune in to continuous music using Rhapsody Channels, and build your own library-straight from your TV using your TiVo remote. Give it a listen FREE for 30 days.

Included in Box:
    * TiVo HD box
    * TiVo remote control
    * Manual
    * Quick Start guide
    * Composite, Component, Power cables

Product Specifications:
    * Signal sources: Digital cable, Analog cable, Digital antenna (ATSC) and Analog antenna channels (satellite not supported)
    * Outputs: HDMI, Component video, S-video, Composite video, Optical audio, Analog audio
    * Video output modes include: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
    * Inputs: Dual CableCARD support (2 slots), Cable coax, Antenna coax
    * Ethernet connection, USB 2.0 ports (2), phone line, E-SATA
    * Works with the TiVo Wireless G Network Adapter
    * TiVo Series3™ architecture

Product Dimensions:
    * 16.5" W x 12.625" D x 3.375" H
    * Weight: 12 lbs.

See TiVo website for more information or ask a friend with TiVo and they will tell you how much they LOVE their TiVo.

NOTE: Lifetime service means you don't ever pay the monthly TiVo service charge...free forever with no hidden costs. Also, lifetime service stays with the unit no matter how many times it is sold, so it will retain its resale value for years to come.

Payment required in advance by Money Order or PayPal.
    Actual shipping costs to be paid by buyer prior to shipping. No charge for pickup, (Los Angeles, CA).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  2. brimnac

brimnac Member

Check your PM, if this is still around.

3. davidb

davidb Member

For purposes of clarity and full disclosure, it should be pointed out that 1. The lifetime service is the lifetime of the unit--NOT the owner. A common misperception. 2. The $698 that TiVo is charging until mid-June 08 includes a TiVo USB wireless adapter, which seperately runs for about $50. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT 3. The $698 includes a 'cushy' TiVo doll.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  4. rick_la

rick_la Member

I posted this several months ago and yes it is out of date.

Good to hear that TiVo has NOW included the wireless USB and TiVo doll in their NEW Lifetime offer. Lifetime was not even available for purchase at the time of this, my original post, and the Lifetime purchase offer prior to that did not include these extra items. Way To Go TiVo!

So it seems...

For the purposes of clarity and full disclosure, it should ALSO be COUNTER pointed out that, 1. I thought I was clear when I stated that, “Lifetime service stays with the unit”. I assumed that it would be understood that the TiVo unit was required to receive the TiVo service and record programming. 2. Lifetime service was not available for purchase when this was originally posted, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT 3. I would kill for one of those ‘cushy’ TiVo dolls.

This sold months ago...so, how do I get this thread dumped off of Afterdawn.com?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

by me saying closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.