1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMC???

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by smiles, Jan 1, 2003.

1. smiles

smiles Member

so i hear all of this about cmc disk being bad. how do i know if it was manufactured by cmc i looked all over my maxell CD-Rs and can't find where it was manufactured at??
    THanks

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

You need a program to identify the media.

If you use Nero, you can simply use the Recorder - Medium Info tab, then hold down the "Shift" key and hit the refresh button.

Or you can use Nero CD Speed and hit the "extra" tab, then select CD-R info.

Or if you have a LiteON drive, you can download the "SmartBURN CD Analyzer".

There was another program I can't remember the name of but it's widely popular for identifying media manufacturers.

Personally, I don't think the MODERN CMC is all that bad when used with a quality burner. There are of course others who'll disagree.

3. aqua

aqua Guest

The best software (I think) to identify the manufacturer of your cd-r (and to get the ATIP by the same) is CDRIdentifier. You can download it in the "software" section of www.afterdawn.com

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member