1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coaster King needs help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by skydog, May 5, 2004.

1. skydog

skydog Guest

Hello,
    Yes, coaster King. I believe that God has encoded me to be unable to burn. I have Nero 6.3.1.6, shrink 3.1.7, Dvdecrypter, 512mb ram, pent 4, 40gig free space, plextor px708a, 1.82 Ghz, and a screaming case of bad luck.
    Media: Memorex+r no luck, TDK-r no luck, Verbatim-r no luck, phillips+r no luck
    It started with paying $$$$$$$$$$$$$$for dvdx platinum. Removed that.
    I've been trying to burn and have made more coasters than I would really care to mention. I've shrunk. After shrinking I've sent it to Nero, NO LUCK. I've sent it to DVDecrypter, NO LUCK.
    My stand alone player says error and sometimes tries loading dvd endlessly. My drive on my computer just keeps searching. One time it said unable to play because of encryption.

I don't even know what to ask at this point. My wife is ready to cut me up slowly. (I spent 14 hours over the weekend dealing with dvdx platinum and finally that it was a hoax. (or a conspiracy to get more patients on anti-anxiety meds.)
    Should I say help or put me out of my misery. I think that I've tried to burn every which way.

There has to be something logical that I'm not doing or that I have on that is preventing my dvd's from burning. (the whole nero installed, including incd and that decoder thing)
    Could my dvd burner be busted, it copies cd's ok.
    When I try to play a dvd the burner tries to use nero and nero says that I need some plugin (nero show or something)
    I've tried burning gothica, snow white, allman brothers, monster's inc, and something's gotta give.
    (something's really gotta give and I hope it's not my mental stability.)
    I may have to fly somebody to my house and carry my through the steps (after they hit me)

Any suggestions will help or atleast appease an ailing mind.
    thanks

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You should not have InCD installed. It will cause you nothing but problems for DVD burning and could be your problem. Remove it and see if that helps.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Chill down there little Newbie, "Uncle" ScubaPete is here -
    (and BTW, Welcome to our little Club -)

First thoings first - get rid of your InCD - it tends to bugger things up -

NOW - Wipe your mind clear, forget everything you have done before and follow these directions to the letter - nothing other than what you read here - Relax, cause this is going to be fun !

Ok, let’s just sit down and get comfy in front of the Big screen TV cause in just a minute or so the “Uncle ScubaPete Show” will come on the air -
    - CLICK -
    ”Brought to you this evening by AfterDawn, the “Fat chewing” champion’s location of choice - and under threats by a crazed spear waving maniac, we are forced to present Mr. Brain-Dead, direct from his extend stay at the Happy Hills Institute of the Mentally Disabled and Disturbed Souls, and here he’ll be until it’s been discovered that he’s escaped yet again from that fine facility - and here he is, live and unfortunately still disturbed, it’s Uncle ScubaPete - - - - “

[bold]Ooooohh Boy, Ooohh Boy, The ScubaPete’s so happy I could spit fish ![/bold]

Big fat finny fish !

And what’s soo great it could get Old ScubaPete (the original couch potato) excited ?

[bold]FREE STUFF that’s what, FREE STUFF ![/bold]

I know I run behind the times but this needs Shouting Out !

The new DVD Shrink version 3.1.7 really started it all !

(Get your DVD Shrink’s newest version here - )
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    Shrink Guide - you might want to look at this sometime -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

Yea I know, it’s been out for a while, like me, I’ve been out for a while but I just found out how truly kool the new DVD Shrink was -

We now we can go from Soup to Nuts, with just 2 programs that we have on our PC’s already and they are DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter -

(Get your DVD Decrypter’s newest version here - )
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

[bold]DID you know - that after we get setup, there are only 3 clicks to go from start to finish ? How good is that ?[/bold]

First, you should, as many of you do already, create a folder for your DVD backup before hand. This is the place on your HD where DVD Shrink will work on your movie. Try to put it someplace where you won’t forget it - i.e. C:/All DVD work/Matrix Revolution.

Now fire up DVD Decrypter - and under “Mode”, select “ISO” then “Write” - under “Source” you may leave that blank as DVD Decrypter will find the location that DVD Shrink will put your ISO files in all by itself. Select your “Destination” as your Burner - and make sure that the box that says “verify” is un-ticked (This last one will cut down on DVD Decrypter errors). OK, feel free to close DVD Decrypter now because when DVD Shrink is finished it will open DVD Decrypter all by itself.
    Now you can place your original DVD in your DVD-ROM drive and a DVD blank in your burner’s drive (If you have two drives). As for your DVD media, after all my efforts it had better be Ritek G04, Verbatim or any media boasting “Advanced AZO Dye. All other media could very well be the cause errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video backups. Remember that RW discs will probably not play in standalone players. Now is defiantly not the time to put your crappy cheap stuff in - ) If you don’t know what I’m talking about - you better go back to reading these forum threads and seeing all the crappy media complaints - If you don’t know what I’m talking about you better start reading some forum threads to see all the media problems ppl have.

Now go into DVD Shrink, click “Edit”, then click “Preferences” on this page we’re going to select “DVD Target Size” as “Custom” and set the size as “4360MB” - we do this to make extremely sure that our disc isn’t too large. Then, under the “File I/O” tab [bold]un-tick[/bold] “Enable burning with Nero” then click “OK”.

Now let’s burn a DVD. Click “Open Disk” and analyze your DVD in the usual manner, if you wish, do your editing (or re-Authoring) and do your custom compressing or, if you want a total backup, just let the “Automatic” settings alone. [bold]THEN[/bold] when time comes, select “Backup”. Take just a second and under “Target Device” go to “Select target device” once there, select “ISO Disc Image”. NEXT, [bold]IMPORTANT, [/bold] tick the “Launch DVD Decrypter to burn the output image” box. Finally, where it says “Select target image file”, browse till you find your created folder for your backup and click “Save”, That’s it ! Click “OK” and DVD Shrink burns that ISO image right to your folder, then it starts DVD Decrypter to also burn your ISO files to your waiting disc. - Believe it or not, that was as hard as it ever gets - Why is that you ask ?

Because the next time all those boxes you had to do this time are already done - “Pissshaaa,” you say. “Naaah.” Says I. “Tis the most honest truth !” I added. :D) “Really and truly !” I stated.

“OK, Ok, What now.” Says you. (OOOhh, Pooohh, I gotta stop this “says you, says me,) It’s wearing me fingers out) - - (Switching to regular typing mode - - clink, pop, -) - Done -

OK, time to move on (switching to the moving on mode - click, %@# rattle - snap, - #%@-Ouuuch, S@it, that hurt -, OK, I got it -CRUnch&#$ ) - - Moving on -

And I KNOW you aren’t going anywhere near that PC while it’s working cause you don’t want me a-smackin your knuckles with my Nun’s ruler do ya ? Yea, I thought not. - Screwin’ up the burn this late in the game would absolutely tick old ScubaPete off, causing me to choke on my fine finny fish dinner -

Now tell me, - - - Wasn’t that finer than frog hair ? Slicker than a southern slimy slithery sloth ? Yep, ya see there, I thought you’d say that -

Truly fine, that backup was - - “Hark, I heard a Backup Beep” - Aaauuugh, the officers in the white coats and armed with the big nets and straight jackets are here - a-backing up to my front door - nice talkin with you, this old ScubaPete just remembered he has to be somewhere, anywhere (looking for the backdoor), as de “Doc” would be a-sayin’ Byeeeeeeeeeeee - - -
    Enjoy youse selves and your backed up DVD’s - I’ll be a-seeeein’ ya round the ‘ole Chuck wagon -
    Now where are my quarters, and Where’s ol’ Paint, me trusty Horsie - - - Gotta go, gotta go - (jamming quarters in ole Paint’s neck) get’em up Gurttie, gotta go, click, clump, (feedin’ in more quarters, maybe Paint’ll go faster - )
    Clippity, clippity, clippity clop - an we’re off - Seeeeeeeee ya - -

Enjoy my friend,

Cheers,

Pete

4. michigan

michigan Guest

Pete,
    Each time you write that thing it gets better!! LMAO!!

Skydog,
    Follow Uncle Pete's guide TO THE LETTER and you will be a burning fool in no time. Sometimes it just takes a little push (read as help me!!!!) to get going stick around and pop in for a chat

5. skydog

skydog Guest

For some reason my computer says enter a valid .iso filename

6. michigan

michigan Guest

What point are you at when it says this? what was the last thing that you did?

7. skydog

skydog Guest

this iso message happens when I hit ok on the backup dvd option (on shrink) target device tab

8. skydog

skydog Guest

I was following everything to a "t" I clicked save, then when I clicked ok it said, "please enter a valid .ISO filename"

9. michigan

michigan Guest

Use "browse" to find the folder that you created before, it should be in there

10. skydog

skydog Guest

I was following everything to a "t" I clicked save, then when I clicked ok it said, "please enter a valid .ISO filename"

11. michigan

michigan Guest

Did you put in your original disc and "rip"it to your hard drive?

12. skydog

skydog Guest

Didn't get that far yet

13. skydog

skydog Guest

OK what the @#!*
    DeviceIocontrol(Fsctl_Lock_volume)failed!
    unable to lock volume for exclusive access

14. Veblin

Veblin Active member

15. skydog

skydog Guest

Nero is not running. I have the latest versions of shrink and decrypter. I clicked ignore and it is burning as I type. I'll soon see the verdict. If you don't hear from me you can assume the worst. If it worked then I'll post again.
    Thanks

16. skydog

skydog Guest

Another Coaster I'm approaching the 30's fellas.
    I/O error
    scsi status 0x02
    interpretation: check condition

It's got to be my burner, it needs to be burned.
    plextor sucks!!!!!!!!

17. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  18. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

<Unnecessary life story, look below for useful info>
    Either the FBI is doing something special for you or you need to go with AMD. Okay, now let's get down to business. Do not worry about the wasting money thing b/c I got f'd & did the same thing when I first started. I fell into the DVD X Copy Gold and how enticing it sounded and how compatible it was and how easy it was, etc. Spent ~$100 and the POS didn't work once for me, contacted 321 Studios & they told me that it will not work with my burner (A06 at the time) and that I will have to wait until Pioneer comes out with new firmware. So, I ended up selling the software on eBay and the buyer couldn't get it to work b/c it needed to be registered (I contacted 321 Studios & they said they cannot transfer the nonworking product over to someone else). All in all, the only good thing about that whole fiasco is that I found this forum and it is the best site around.

<claimed useful info>
    I couldn't burn crap when I first started and put out at least 10 coasters, but that is what it takes to get a method down (in my opinion). Your range of coasters is a little bit higher though, but you will get it to work eventually. Things to try: firmware, high quality media, switching around drive to primary/secondary and/or master/slave. Is everything completing with no errors when you run DVD Shrink? When you use Shrink are you burning inside of Shrink or just saving the files and then using Nero or Decrypter to burn? Also what are your preferences in Shrink? I'm sure I have provided you with no useful help b/c I have no idea what the problem is, but there is that chance that some stupid minor detail is causing the problem. If you do get a new burner, I recommend the Pioneer dual format drives (only b/c of the sucess that I have had).
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC:
    Windows Home SP1
    Biostar M7VIT, AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    1024MB Centon PC2700
    ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR
    IBM 60GB 7200RPM
    Pioneer A07
    Software: Shrink 3.1.7.6 & Nero 6

PS2 v4 fliptop:
    Swap Magic DVD 2.0 & CD 3.0
    Main DVD-R Ritek G04 & Piodata[/small]

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  19. michigan

michigan Guest

Ok A couple of things to try,

Uninstall then reinstall Shrink DVDdecryptor and especially Nero. Sometimes they get a little flaky and need a fresh start (again especially Nero). Get the updates frome the Nero site to make sure you are up to date.

I have the full Nero 6 ultra edition and INCD has NOT caused any problems so don't worrry about that.

After you install these shut down everything that is not needed which is running in the background of your system (if you haven't done this you will be amazed how much crap can be running there).

Go to the Ediit button change the disc size to "Custom" then change the size to 4364 mb

Under the tab File IO make sure that "Enable burning with Nereo IS checked" > click OK

Don't worry about Decryptor right now lets try it like this first.

Put in your original DVD > click on the "Open Disc" button.

When the disc gets done reading click the "Re-author" button.

Grab the main movie and drag it to the left pane.

Hit the "Backup!" button.

Don't do the "Deep Analysis"

Then as Scuba Pete says "step back and let her go" don't play, don't touch, don't fiddle!

This is how I usually do it, so hopefuly it will work this way. If it doesn't work let us know and we will see what else we can come up with. It should work like this you appear to be using basicly the same sofeware as me.

Please let me know how it goes.

Jeff

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2004
  20. blazr001

blazr001 Guest

holy crap. im a newb myself and i got it done on the first try with just dvd shrink. and nero of course.