1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coasters using Alcohol 120, HELP

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by felix315, Jan 12, 2004.

1. felix315

felix315 Guest

ok im a seasoned support guru. but im all new 2 this. i understand .cue, .bin, and .iso. i have ezcd6, alcohol20, pwrdvd, dvd2svcd...

im using alcohol 120 2 burn an image. when i do the cd just comes up blank. i think my problem is i dont no what the datatype is or how 2 find out.

i use a low write speed, write method is left raw dad, enable buffer underrun.

after that i dont no what 2 do?

should i rectify sub channel data, how bout rmps?
    but the most important thing is what should the datatype be?

do u have a layout depending on the source? is there a program i can download?

pls help. i have over 25 coasters.

by the way thanks for the Cueator

pls dont ask me 2 read above ive spent 2days doing so.
    thanks in advance

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I need to know what you're backing up, what file format. (iso, bin& cue, so forth, so on) Post the name brand& model of your burner as this will be of great help.

Shoey :)

3. felix315

felix315 Guest

thanks for the prompt reply

im using bin 2 iso converter v.2.0 32bit
    once i have an iso image ill run alcohol 120

VENDOR : PHILIPS
    MODEL : DVD+RW SDVD6004

i used disk info 1.5.5 to get a bunch of info for my burner. its telling me that a bunch of things r locked that should be unlocked ne advice?

hope this info helps u help me

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Alcohol 120% will burn bin& cue file format so why convert? You still have yet to tell me what you're backing up?. Open Alcohol 120%>general>options>image file format(shell extension) and enable bin& cue.

Shoey

5. felix315

felix315 Guest

the image is a pc game. max payne 2. but i will also b tryin 2 do this with all other game images (xbox, ps2, gc, dc, and mayb even mac).

i also went 2 options in alcohol but didnot c .bin as a shell. i checked off .cue and typed .bin is this correct config.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is SecuROM 4.85 cd protected m8. SecuROM 4.85 is very difficult to backup (at the moment) but I had success using BlindWrite 4.25 (not available for download) but I can use use HJ Split and split the file and email to you if you wan't to give it a try. Private message me if you're interested.

7. felix315

felix315 Guest

ok im back
    sorry bout that i fell asleep last nite

i successfully installed max payne 2 i have not burned it yet just installed.

ill try the burning process in a bit. but first.
    is there ne app. out there that can tell me what
    datatype a source is. how the hell do i no if im getting ready 2 burn an xbox game or just a pc game what the datatype is.

8. felix315

felix315 Guest

here's another ?.

after i download an image, u previously said i dont need to convert it just use alcohol 2 burn the .bin and .cue image. the image will xpand itself on2 the cd-r and i can install like that?

also vice-versa how bout if i bin 2 iso converter.
    convert it 2 an .iso image.
    use alcohol 2 xpand the image file.
    then have the installation files on my hard drive and burn those installation files?

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You downloaded 2 seperate bin& cue files and these 2 files should have been given a proper name so you know what you're downloading, right? Should be something like this: MP2_CD1& MP2_CD2.

This= P I R A C Y m8. I can already tell you that Max Payne (cd 2) has a crack no cd patch. Burn the image as "data" slow and I assure you will see a crack folder on image= Max Payne (cd 2)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2004
  10. felix315

felix315 Guest

?.

is there ne way 2 play halo online lan or inet?

thanks in advance

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I believe this thread is in referance to backing up Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne as it's obvious you have a "pirated" version. Halo a pirated version as well?