1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cobra 1.0 blank screen?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by KaitouAce, Apr 4, 2005.

1. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

the 0.4 bios worked on my chip... depending on your definition of "work" i guess... most backup games would read, but eventually DRE except for Zelda 4 Swords. well i updated the bios successfully and it said to power off the machine, which i did. i turned it back on and now the screen is blank and the disc does not spin. odd? i saw in the manual that it could be unclean soldering, but could it be anything else? why would unclean soldering work on one bios but not another?

2. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

Update them again, I read there was a fake version going around that my buddy got but I don't know what site it was off of. Also for the DRE try to tweak your laser. There was a good guide in a post somewhere but I can't find it. Too lazy. lol

3. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

thanks for the reply. i've tweaked plenty so no worries there, and i got the file from ps2sux so i don't think it's a fake. any other ideas?