1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cobra 1.0 No Swap released!!!!! All hail mentalcube!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gulliver, Apr 1, 2005.

1. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Here's the details:

WHAT'S NEW ?

This is for real guys. I just tried it out and it does work. The only problem is there's a bug of some sorts with +R media. For some, they won't direct boot. For me they won't direct boot or boot with swap. But this isn't really a problem cuz I think my dre discs will work now. I tested my copy of metroid prime 2 on dvd-r with direct boot. Before I couldn't get past the first fmv without a dre, now I can:)

This is the best news in a long time:)

I'm giddy like a schoolgirl-lol

Have fun everyone :D

Get your copy of the bios here:

http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4714&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. Artlover

Artlover Member

I was suprized to see this. Wish there was some source to see how it's by-passing the BCA.

And yes, it doesn't seem to direct boot +R media. However, it still boots mine with the swapdisc method.

Also doesn't seem to like the programmer being attached, which erks me because I want the programmer attached and spent a lot of time semi-permentantly mounting it where I could still take the top off.

Doesn't address the issue of 2 disc games either. Still this stupid idea of save when you need to swap, which doesn't work for some games.

Tho it's not perfect, it's better then anything else out there right now.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey Artlover couldn't you just make a multi-game though with the other discs.Even if there was like 3 discs for a game,couldn't you compile it to a Full Size Dvd-R with the three discs.Just a thought though,not sure if it would but from what I am reading you can launch to the second and the third discs right if you put the 3 discs together.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh I have another question Artlover is there a way to open up the first disc in GC-Tool and delete the Swap Disc message .txt.That would also make it to where we could make it just one disc right,joining all the all the discs together making it one disc full game.I will keep looking into it alright man.

5. Artlover

Artlover Member

Honestly, I have no idea.

If I had to guess, I doubt that simply creating a multi-iso disc alone would work. That seems to be a cobra 1.0 specific feature that works from the mutli-boot menu. I guess it would work in the same capacity as how it currently works. Save, reboot, load the 2nd disc from the multi-menu and continue. Would save you the aggervation of having to deal with two physical discs.

You're latter idea might be more along the right path. This assumes the files on disc 1 and disc 2 are different names of course. Might want to browse each disc and check that before going any further

Both of these assume that two disc games can be wiped small enough to both fit on one disc, which I'm expecting won't be the case.

6. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

multi-game info is the nfo file. I don't understand it myself, if anyone else knows, post how to do it.

7. FUSION6

FUSION6 Member

With the new bios out im looking into getting a viper. I just want to know what is the viper offical site and were is a good site to see installation pictures?

8. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

wow i might actually get a GC now.

9. maddog123

maddog123 Member

I got a silver pal GC, with this new bios everything is black and white (original games and backups) does anyone know how to solve that?

10. neonikngc

neonikngc Guest

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the cheat system with original GameCube Discs

11. cybrdude

cybrdude Member

Hi

I've just flashed my chip with the new cobra 1.0 bios, however none of my backups work anymore! They're on memorex dvd-r and worked flawlessly with cobra version 0.4. I've performed the laser tweak and altered my ohms value + and - its default value of 179, only to no avail.

Is anyone else having the same problem, and if so what do you recommend( apart from downgrading to v.04)?

cheers
    Cyberdude

12. Squished

Squished Member

So has anyone tried setting the BookType to DVD before burning a +R to see if that is the reason that it won't boot +R's?

Seems like a logic thing to try.

13. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

from what I've heard originals work as well.

14. koteshi

koteshi Regular member

15. speedi

speedi Member

Cobra 1.0 Works great.

I recommend putting the Default action to
    Direct boot mode and the hold "X" option for
    main menu.

No DRE's os far apart from mario power Tennis (USA),
    Bummer that the audio fix has not been included.
    (qoob will have that).

Great step up from 0.4
    Thumbs up to the mental team.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  16. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

so will cobra in a future release:)

17. maddenart

maddenart Member

I'v just installed the cobra 1.0 on my viper chip and it works great.on dvd-r and mini's direct boot.on dvd+r you still have to swap I'm just glad they left it in.and now with codes it even better.you still have to put the codes in and there gameshark codes not AR but still great.I wish they would have put in something to switch from pal to nstc.to all the guys at mentalcube thanks for a great job.

18. koteshi

koteshi Regular member

Jepp the audio fix included would be very cool option, but therefore the chip has to detect if the game has audio problems or not.
    And if the chip wouldn't do it automatically it would be annoying to switch the audio fix on and off for each game...

But nonetheless: GREAT WORK METALCUBE
    I hope its ok to host your cobra BIOS on my website... http://www.koteshi.de/index2.html

19. maddenart

maddenart Member

this is action replay codes you put in but how.I tryed typing them in but when it comes to the code itsafe there is'nt enuff letters just numbers.not set up like AR at all.and how do you load from Disc Explorer. man can anyone help.

20. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

[bold]this is action replay codes you put in but how.I tryed typing them in but when it comes to the code itsafe there is'nt enuff letters just numbers.not set up like AR at all.and how do you load from Disc Explorer. man can anyone help.[/quote]

you a need a program called gcncrypt in order to decrypt the codes first.