1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Unrecognizable Disc error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by qwiif, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwiif

qwiif Member

Hey guys,

Basically, last night I downloaded Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It is region free, and it is a RETAIL RIP. I burned it to a Dual-Layer Verbatim DVD+ blank dvd yesterday, which I use for all my games and they work flawlessly.
    I know, however, that this game is a wave 4. I have the iXtreme 1.6 firmware. I downloaded the activate.iso file and burned it to the first layer of another verbatim dvd. When I booted up my xbox, I first put in the activate.iso disc. A white screen with black text came up that said "To use this disc please insert it into an xbox 360 console" then a bunch of different languages following it. Once this screen came up, I popped open
    the drive and took out the activation disc and put in Call of Duty: MW2. I clicked "Play Game" in the dashboard, but a message popped up that said "This disc is unreadable." It didn't even have a chance to load to the main menu of the game. Underneath it said to either clean the disc
    with a soft cloth or contact customer support. I obviously did choice one. There were/are absolutely no marks on the dvd, and my laser in the xbox is working perfectly. This is my second time experiencing this problem, I tried it with a different CoD: MW2 download with a different Verbatim DL DVD. What else could cause this error? I know it's not the laser in my drive because every other backup I have works perfectly.

What I get when I put in the activate.iso:
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please look/post in the xbox 360 forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.