1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

code 22 error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by becky22, Jan 25, 2005.

1. becky22

becky22 Member

recently, my cd-rom drive has stopped working. When contacting customer service, they told me that i would need to replace the whole drive... when i looked into the problem myself, i found that all the cables were, and are still connected, and i don't think anyone has messed with them to cause a problem. but i have no clue how to enable the drive (it will not enable anymore), and it gives me a code 22 error. Instead of waiting for the support people to EVENTUALLY get to my case, i was wondering if anyone here might know what causes such an error, and how to fix it???? please reply as soon as you can, thankyou for your time.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is there an exclamation mark in your device manager. what drives are on what cables & which is master & slave???

3. becky22

becky22 Member

hummm... i can tell you want deivices are slaves and masters, but i have no clue what they are. The primary master (probably the hard drive) is WDC something. The Seondary master is JLMS (i would assume the DVD player), and then the secondary slave is the drive that is currently not working (LITE-ONLTR). I do not know how to fix it at all.... the cords look to be attacked just fine, but it just doesn't make since...

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reseat the cables on all drives & change the jumper on the secondary slave to master