1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code of Honor 2 Graphics Card problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Elliemae, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Whenever my grandson tries to play this game he gets an error message stating graphics card not supported. Could someone please tell me how to fix this? If I have to buy a new card how will I know what to buy for his PC?

2. onya

onya Guest

The error he gets is a cause that the (agp) video card cannot keep up with the game in question. It simply doesn't have the grunt to cope. (diagnosis has changed)

If you can, please post the name of the game and most importantly.. the specifications of the PC. What name (if any) is on the PC? Any other numbers etc? How old is this PC..roughly?

CPU =
    RAM =
    Current video card (make and model) =
    PSU = (can be a factor also)

The solution to these problems could lead to reasonable spending of cash, and aren't you just a nice Nanna (grandma) to do so? Lets see if we can't come up with reasonable solutions to your needs. Some Nanna's are on a fixed income, and I am sensitive to this dilema. :)

Cheers
    Edit: in bold red.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  3. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Hello, The PC is 4 or 5 years old but has been upgraded from time to time, but the man that built it has passed away and now I have nobody to do my PC repairs.
    Here is the information from my Everest report:
    The CPU = AMD Athlon XP, 2000 MHz (15 x 133) 2400+
    RAM = System Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Display: Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 (128 MB)
    3D Accelerator: nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
    Monitor: NEC LCD1512 [15" LCD] (33118975GA)

I don't know what PSU is.
    I don't know if the info is important but I am adding it just in case

Processor Properties:
    Manufacturer: AMD
    Version: AMD Athlon(tm) XP
    External Clock: 133 MHz
    Current Clock: 2000 MHz
    Type Central Processor

Graphics Processor Properties:
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
    Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
    GPU Code Name NV18B (AGP 8x 10DE / 0185, Rev C1)
    GPU Clock 250 MHz
    Memory Clock 133 MHz

4. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Sorry forgot to mention the game. It is Code of Honor 2 Conspiracy Island

5. onya

onya Guest

Don't be sorry...the game name is in the thread title...so I'm sorry. I'm blind as a bat...lol
    So here's the minimum requirements..

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Windows 98 SE/ME/2000/XP(SP2), DirectX 8.1
    • CPU 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM
    • Video card Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon 32 MB RAM, DirectX 8.1 compatible
    • 1 GB of free HDD
    • DVD-ROM 4x or faster, mouse, keyboard, sound card compatible with DirectX 8.1

You've got all this plus more.
    It's most likely the video card driver software. It probably needs an update. To check the current version, it's easy..
    Right click on the my comp icon and select properties. Now select Hardware. Select Device manager. Double click on sound, video and game controllers and right click on the Invidia card and select properties and click on the driver tab. Jot down the version number and visit

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Note the driver downloads tab (left side) type in the model of card then determine if a driver update is available...usually free by the way. :)
    Howd you go?

6. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

OK I went to Device Manager and clicked on Sound, video & game controllers. But the Invidia card was not listed. Here is what was listed:
    Audio Codecs
    Creative SB Live! Value
    Creative SB Live! Gameport
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Device
    Media Controller Device
    Video Codecs

7. onya

onya Guest

Sorry if this is a double post.
    Elliemae..my bad, double click on video adapters instead. Sorry about that, I think my mere male brain cell just popped or something..lol Apologies for the wait.

Cheers.

8. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Ok I went to the website and downloaded what I needed for my video card and ran the setup. After completion of setup I checked the driver version and it is the same. However, I have a new icon in the right left so that leaves me to think it might have fixed the problem. When my grandson gets back from church I will have him to try & play the game again and post back if it does or doesn't work. Thanks for your help and time. IT IS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

9. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

OK icon is right lower corner ( i know the proper name just can't recall it right now)!!!!!!!!

10. onya

onya Guest

Not the best news. Did you make a system restart? Your pc needs this to recognise some software changes.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

11. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Yes I did a system restart and NO it did NOT work. I guess it is time for a new card!???

12. onya

onya Guest

Hi Elliemae. I don't know who's most disappointed, you or I.
    If it happened to multiple game titles, then yes.. a new card might be needed. I wouldn't rush out just yet on the account of a single game. If you stay tuned to this thread, others may post with a winning solution. I'll do some more leg work on the game title and associated problems. Will get back to you soon.

Cheers.