1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cold cathode neon in xbox question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sal_va182, Dec 18, 2004.

1. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

hey,

ive prepared my xbox for a neon under the jewel, but i am stuck with something... i have taken the jewel out, removed the paint, and cut a hole in the xbox. So at the moment i have a xbox with a clear jewel and a hole underneath it. I have read tutorials at xbox-scene.com about putting a cold cathode neon from a cold cathode PC fan. my question is:

where does the neon connect into? i have a xbox v1.0. i have a fan ontop of the GPU , could i remove that, and connect the neon into the socket that it uses?

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

nonono dont do that.....what you do is connect it to the HDD power cable...just cut a little bit of plastic off the wires and connect the light to posative and negative (red and black)

3. JiMbOnEs

JiMbOnEs Guest

NO.................... you dont do that you have to have a power to connect to the yellow and black on the hard drive power then you connect the inverter to the cathode if you dont your light will fry faster.

4. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

hmm ok but how the hell do i get the jewl off i cant get it off with a hot air thingo or anything.

5. JiMbOnEs

JiMbOnEs Guest

if that doesnt work try the frezzer stick in there for about 30 mins and then take some thing and start to hammer it off but only from the back side and it should fall off. the blow dryer should work if you hold in on for about 5 minutes and try to pry it off while your using the blow drye but be sure not to pry it off to hard.