1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

color problems.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by brumbie, Jan 21, 2007.

1. brumbie

brumbie Member

Hi guys
    I have installed a new dvd burner 2 weeks ago,everything has been working ok until yesterday.Now every time I put a video in the picture turns bright orange and green.I have rechecked my jumpers and it does this on either master or slave(independent IDE anyway)When I put the burner in I did not attach it to the chassis as well as it could of been because of the size restraints,could this be the problem?ie does it need a sound earth?Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It could be your IDe cables are coming loose or not connecting properly when not in the bays. Try securing it better. Also, check your video card is up-to-date and secure etc

:)

3. brumbie

brumbie Member

Thanks for that Ripper
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling nero,i have installed the dvd securely and still no joy.My media files on the pc are playing ok just the dvd videos.I am at a loss what to do next?

4. brumbie

brumbie Member

Some files on the pc will -play ok one minute and then play in bright orange,blue and green the next.Could there be a conflict of interests between nero and windows media player?

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date. Check nero is too.

There could be some conflict with something, but not quite sure.