1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combine two parts of movie & Convert to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mccmd, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mccmd

mccmd Member

After reading several guides and scouring the forums I am confused. I have two parts of a movie which are now in several formats. (Part1.bin & .cue & Part2 .bin & .cue), (part1.iso and part2.iso). I also combined the two with Womble into Parts1&2.iso. I can play each part by mounting the .iso with Alcohol or daemon tools. I would like to combine them and burn them to a DVD. I am totally cofused with the plethora of different programs & guides that seem to be able to accomplish this. Can someone suggest which guide for which parts format to follow? thank you

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear mccmd,
    I trust you are saying you have two parts of a movie both in .bin and .cue form. A simple way to burn them onto one DVD is first to convert both files into mpeg format 'cos it's the most common format that almost all burning programs can handle. There is a simple, free, and very fast program called VCDGear that can do the conversion. Try here:
    http://www.vcdgear.com/
    When the files have been converted into mepgs, it's mainly a drag and paste operation for Nero or other programs for the final burning.
    Happy DVD editing!

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You dont need to convert to mpeg's. You can but you will lose quality and take up a lot of time. All you need is DVD Shrink or NVE to join the two onto one DVD. Check out my guide here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Good luck

4. Zuala

Zuala Member

Hey BBMayo,
    Went to your link and found some good help. Only, I didn't quite find help for burning cue/bin files with DVD Shrink. YOu're right, converting it with vdcgear to mpegs work, but it takes forever to burn. So please share with us how to cut down that time, and keep a fairly good quality

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

bin/cue files are generally vcd or svcd depending on where you get them. So yes, you do need to convert them to mpeg2 to be dvd compliant. Your quality is most likely going to be not so great in the end.

The iso files can be tricky if you've downloaded them. You can't be certain if it's an iso from the original DVD or an iso of avi file or whatever kind of video file.

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Thanks zippyd for the clarification. About the quality thing, personally I think we are sometimes over-exaggerating. I have quite a few DVD copies with compression ratio at about 50% but still show up very well on my plasma TV. The fact is many hardwares nowadays have built in mechanisms to fine tune video and audio signals to compensate for their imperfections.
    Anyway, it's just a thought.