1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining Avi files with Srt soft subtitles

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by LeiaGar, Apr 12, 2005.

1. LeiaGar

LeiaGar Member

Hi I’m trying to get my srt soft subtitle file to play with my avi file... but to no avail. I have Media player classic and when I click load subtitle it says,
    “To load subtitle you have (sic) change the video renderer type and reopen the file.
    -directshow: vmr7 or vmr9 renderless
    -realmedia:special renderer for real media, or open it through directshow

I don’t completely understand this but went to MPC’s option then output and changed the directshow video to vmr7 renderless, and reopened the file but it said the same thing so I tried vmr9 renderless and again nothing... I’m out of ideas.... maybe a different player? (With divx, windows media player, quicktime, and realplayer -- I can’t figure out how to load the Srt file)

Please help, I need this file by Thursday night!

Thanks

2. LeiaGar

LeiaGar Member

By the way it's an Xvid compression... if that matters

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Works fine here. As long as the files are named the same it just plays with subs. Maybe it is some kind of issue with directx/your video card drivers that is preventing it from using VMR7/9?

I still prefer mplayer though. Once again as long as the subs are named the same they will simply autoload. They may flicker with the default config though. Better to use double=true.