1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

combining video files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ger08, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

ok i was wondering this: i have two video files one is an avi video (and a movie if that matters) which im changing right now to mpeg but still have like 7 hrs to go and the other simply says mpeg file (it is a tv episode) and i was wondering if i could still combine the two together or can i now since in the bitrate settings part i had it at 97% capacity or whatever. If i can can i use windows movie maker to combine or do i need to get virtualdub ( i think thats what its called). Also is the mpeg file already able to be burned to a dvd and play in dvd players or do i have to do something to it? Thanks for any help!

2. ger08

ger08 Member

does anyone know anything??

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Some programs (e.g. DVDSanta) let you compile files of different formats to burn to one DVD. But if you had changed the avis to mpegs, so much the better. With programs like Nero, you can add a menu and chapters etc. to the final compilation.

4. ger08

ger08 Member

ok so i can still add that tv show i wanted to it even though it said on tmpgenc it took up 97% or whatever??

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

The best thing to do is perhaps to try it yourself. You may first try compile and burn to HD to see if it works.

6. Cruzcntrl

Cruzcntrl Member

hey, how do you use Nero to add more chapters. I converted 3 avi files to dvd format, and I want to put them all on on disc and be able to view them in a standard dvd player, can you guys help

7. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

The Nero application for this is NeroVision Express.

8. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

if your files are a tv show that was recorded through a converter i wouldnt compress them any unless you have to i had some that i compressed and they turned out like shit.nero will tell how much each file is compressed when you load it up but i wouldnt compress recorded tv shows but not a problen with dvd files that originated from an original dvd.