1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast dvr problem please help

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by jazzysez, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jazzysez

jazzysez Member

I have a Comcast motorola box set up thru hdmi cables. I have the 3416 box. I can record and watch on dvr recordings, but on my tv I am getting the message the this channel should be available shortly for a full day now. I have a Samsung hdtv, and it was working fine. Comcast said the box was ok , and sent another signal to it, and insisted it should be working, but its not. Is it possible there are buttons on the remote that were pushed by mistake? I have no tv other than recordings. Please any help is appreciated .
    Linda

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

I experience the same problem with my box. This model really sucks. It freezes a lot. Unplug it then plug it back on. I wish Comcast would stop sending updates on these boxes automatically.

3. jazzysez

jazzysez Member

I did that The strange thing is that I can only watch if I record first on dvr, then go to my recordings and watch that way.

4. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

Yeah... try power cycling the box or get Comcast to come out and replace it. Even if they say nothing's wrong remotely it's still their problem, not yours. Used to have one of those and even though the channel guide is one of the better ones on the market... the dvr itself isn't the best piece of equipment :p

5. rucknrun

rucknrun Member

I agree, power cycling usually fixes the problems. The thing I hate most about the DVR is I keep losing the series recording list. That sucks having to recreate it each time the box get's hosed up and resets itself

On the flips side. I love watching recorded HD programs and I refuse to pay 800 for a tivo HD box.