1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast DVR recording: What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mclure, Apr 10, 2006.

1. mclure

mclure Member

Okay, I've searched the forum and haven't come across anything that is similar to this. I'm hoping to get some input.

I have the Motorola DCT6412 phase 3 dual tuner model. When I attempt to record 2 shows at the same time, it only records one. Here is what I am doing:

1. bring up the guide to see the channels
    2. find the 2 programs that I want to record (same time)
    3. highlight first program and hit the Record button on the remote
    4. highlight second program and hit the Record button on the remote
    5. Turn the TV and DVR box off

At the selected time, the DVR box will turn on and the word REC will be on the display. This tells me that 1. it's recording, and 2. it's recording on BOTH tuners. If it I had only set ONE program to record, the display indicates the last channel that I watched, as well as the little red LED indicating that it is recording.

So, after it completes recording the two shows, I pick up my remote and hit the My DVR button. I see both programs in the list. I can view one with no problem, but the other immediately prompts me with the Delete Program or Save Program option. Doesn't even start playing even if I choose to restart from the beginning.

I have narrowed down the investigation and realized that if I turn the TV on while it is recording both shows and see view one tuner, that is the show that will not be recorded. In other words, if I am recording channel 4 and 5, and am viewing channel 5, channel 5 will be the channel that doesn't get recorded.

Comcast replaced my DVR and there is no change. I have a tech coming over tomorrow to work with it.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

could be a bad HD in box ?

Also try NOT to turn off box, while recording, or before recording both programs.

Also don't keep your HD more than say 65% full.