1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMMENTARY ON VARIOUS TV CHANNELS ON DBOX2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by PAUL7331, Dec 3, 2006.

1. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Is anybody else getting commentary ??(Like a guy speaking over the actual film as if he's explaining to a blind viewer what is going on in the movie)

I also tend to sometimes get this in episodes of FRIENDS on E4 but its really annoying on films. Its not EVERY film but last night I started watching 'In to the blue' and also 'SAHARA' and the commentary occured on both of these films.

Is there just a simple setting ot something that I can change to stop this happening?

Cheers in advance

Paul

2. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

ANYBODY?

3. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

I get the same on UK Gold with episodes of Only Fools and Horses.. havent managed to work out how to disable this

4. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Its well annoying aint it! There surely must be a way, a simple setting or something?!!

5. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Does anybody have this trouble with COMMANDO 6 IMAGE?

Im currently using SPORTSTER 1.75

6. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

PAUL7331 you have Sportster.
    I have Sportster,
    ZAPP64 what do you have?

Becuase i think it might just be the image we have used to flash our boxes. mine came flashed from germany with sportster. and the commentary is so annoying.

7. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Exactly, mine came from seller MEDIACOMPA and all Im very happy with all boxes, except the commentary. I dont want to mess about flashing my box etc if it wont solve the problem!

8. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

MediaCompa from ebay?

i got mine from cutthelongstory.

i think it might be the sportster image. does any one else have this problem with the image commando

9. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Yes from ebay mate....Surely thre must be some people with COMMANDO 6 image who can answer this question?!?

10. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Any one who has commando and his the commentary problem can you let us know. this way we will know if it is the sportster pro image

11. printer

printer Guest

when you got talk over problem press ok button you see green button for audio press green you have two english choises switch to other and its gone MAGIC

12. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

I dont mate, all I get is the RADIO channels when I press the green button!!!

Any way around this? what image are u using by the way mate?

13. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Yeh when i am watching a tv channel, and when the EPG bar is there it says "AUDIO" green. i pressed green it took me to the radio.

But i could not find a channel that had commentary to try it on. So i cant say it dont work untill i try it on a channel which has the commentary on

14. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Dont bother mate, I tried it last night with a film with commentary and it diddnt work. we need to know what mage the guy who told us to press the green button has!??

15. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Yeh because he said an option comes
    but when i press green i dont get two english options.

what image are you using mate?

16. printer

printer Guest

i dont think it has anything to do with image. i will check my audio settings. comm 6

17. printer

printer Guest

i can toggle between voice over or not, i am doing it now.
    press ok button twice i get green audio bottom of screen press green button(or second button on remote without coloured buttons) then toggle between two english versions of sound.

18. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

So you are using Commando 6?

and erm if i press OK button twice it takes me to my bouquets menu

19. printer

printer Guest

well if i press up button to get to a channel at the bottom of the screen i get green dot with the word audio (also get two other dots red & blue i think (not in house now) settings and extra written by them maybe)before it times out i press green then i get two english audios which i can toggle between

20. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Thats it then, its the image were using. It looks like COMMANDO 6 image has an extra setting which my SPORTSTER image does not. When I press green audio button I only get to choose which RADIO channels I want. Looks like I may need to re-flash the box! How easy is it just to reflash a new image??