1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMMENTARY ON VARIOUS TV CHANNELS ON DBOX2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by PAUL7331, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

It does look like it. So where can we get this image from and apparently there are two ways of flashing the box if i am right?

1)You can put the image on the box and flash it via the box
    2) You can flash it with a software on the computer by connecting it with a cross over cable or 2 ethernet cables.

Which one is easier to do and which software do i need to use to flash, as i have a few softwares on the CD that came with my dbox2.

2. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Raxxx, have u tried this mate? Im too chicken shit to give it a go as I dont want to fcuk up the box!

3. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

LOL! Exactly the same!

I have all the software on cd which came with the dbox2. i just need to download the image and flash the dbox2.

I know how to connect it to the computer through the 2 ethernet cables. i have added games to the dbox2 with no problem so i think i will be able to flash it. ill giv it ago some time next week.

4. TBBudgie

TBBudgie Member

i had this the other day watching UK gold.

one difference from you guys, Im using the original PACE Digi box supplied by TW - its because a cock up at the broadcast end has sent out the wrong audio stream i think.

if im getting it on theur own kit then i dont think your going to get it turned off with any amount of flashing.

5. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Phew! i was going to flash my nokia dbox 2 tomorrow. you saved me a job lol.
    So are you paying for the channels? or u got a chipped box, because i have a friend on ntl and has a pace and samsung box, he doesnt seem to be getting any commentary at all? any ideas?

6. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Not everybody gets commentary mate. My mate last night watched the EXACT same film on his dbox with deifferent image than me and I had commentary- HE DIDDNT. We weill HAVE to flsh box with new image if we want to cure this. Personally I can live with it as It doesnt happen on EVERY film or program so I might leave it...or if its really easy to flash the box I may try it. But I cant even get it to FTP to the PC so god knows what im gonna do!

7. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Paul, have you got msn?
    if you have PM me it, and ill explain how to connect your dbox via FTP. i have managed to do that. and once you connect it via ftp you drag the image on to the box. then from the box u choose the sportster pro menu and choose update image or software.

but it could be with what area people live in. does your mate live near to you?

8. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Yeh sure mate- u have a PM

9. rikesh

rikesh Member

the latest sportster 1.08 rc007 now features audio selection - therefore by pressing green button while watching channel, you can select the desired stream which doesn't have audio description. make sure the option is on by going to dbox > settings > audio > audio selection: ON

hope this is of help

10. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Hi, Rikesh can you please send me the image? and is it for x2 (NOKIA)

Rakesh...

11. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Its okay Rikesh, i got it. thank you any way, ill let you know how i get on flashing the box.

rakesh

12. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Yo Raxx, have u tried this new image yet mate? Can u send it me? the 2x version- PAUL73312003@YAHOO.COM

Let me know mate!

Paul7331

13. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Yeh i have flashed it, talk to me on msn and i will explain it to you.

14. rikesh

rikesh Member

anyone needs the image it can be found here both 1x and 2x version:

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/

need to register. cant upload or send anyone because of poor speeds, havent got the time. good luck!

15. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Rikesh i used that image u said, it was in german, i managed to change it to english, but i couldnt scan for channels?

16. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

But its £15 to join! Yeh ive registered no probs but dont want to pay £15 just to download a file! ??

17. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

Your having a laugh, Rikesh can you not email the image to us?

18. rikesh

rikesh Member

£15 to join?! its a free to join forum just like this one! sorry, but at an uploading speed of 3kbps i'd be here for ages.

google it maybe theres another link to download from?

19. Raxxx

Raxxx Guest

so are you trying to say your on dial up?

20. benifa

benifa Regular member

Have you tried www.pando.com ? For sending large files over the internet..