1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commodore eVICs system files/fw needed!

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Catrik, May 28, 2007.

1. Catrik

Catrik Member

I bought this eVic last winter and accidently formatted it few weeks ago and it doesn't work anymore :/
    Suprisingly there is not a sinlge word about eVIC at http://commodoreworld.com.
    Emailing at support@commodoreworld.com gives you only "Delivery to the following recipients failed." -reply.
    I'm pritty pissed off ATM.

So, if anyone else has eVIC, could you upload all the system files (except Jukebox_Sys ofc :D) somewhere?
    Or does anyone know where to get rescue app or something (which I doubt exists .__.).

2. jmlaos

jmlaos Member

Hi!

I did the same thing eventhough I copied all the files before formatting. but suprise suprise nada - nothing - 0 on the FIRMWARE folder. :)= dead eVic

So any luck with the files? :)

3. Catrik

Catrik Member

Nope. Haven't found anything. I think I didn't have anything in the FIRMWARE folder eithet, might've been hidden files or something.

Have you tried to recover the HDD? With those apps that recover deleted files

4. jmlaos

jmlaos Member

Hi

Yup, tried all that but didn´t find anything. as if there never was anything. :/ so basicly just hunting for a file which is some kb in size...:) darn it!
    Are you stuck with the commodore logo showing up and then the hd light comes on once?
    There must be someone outthere with a healty eVic!!!... so far googling it hasn´t paid off.

5. Catrik

Catrik Member

Yeah, I get the Commodore logo, that that's as far as it goes.