1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Communation ERROR with NERO

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Modman, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Modman

Modman Guest

Help please and Thank You in advanced for putting up with me. I ahve everything ready to be burnt via NERO I am burning 2 disc from dvd-9 I had to Split them and everything works.

So here is my problem when I get ready to burn disc 1 I go through all the steps from derrow guides and NERO gives me a COMMUNATION ERROR. So I thought maybe it was one of the cheap disc I was using so I put in Pioneer Disc and still gives me the same thing. Is this a NERO problem or me problem please help

Modman

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Are you new to nero???? Did you have this sort of trouble before????? Do you run any software that uses the re-writable drive constantly like Adaptec Direct CD.

The problem may also be what your cd-rewritter is connected to. It could be sharing with another drive in which case nero could have trouble with it.

I have my hard drive as Primary Master, My DVD Drive Secondary Master and My Writer as Secondary Slave and nero never gave me a communication error of any sort.

3. Modman

Modman Guest

Thanks for the Reply Dela. I am not new to Nero been using there software fro a couple years now. My setup is I have setup as Hard drive with Primary Master and the dvd burner as slave. Then My dvd Rom as Primary secondary and then cd-burner as slave.

The way mine is setup could that be the proablem. If it is I hope so because that's a easy fix.
    I never had this trouble before but what I did before this was happening was I swicthed to Rounded Cables instead of the flat ribbon. Then I swicthed back and still had the problem.

Maybe I should try my setup like yours.
    I would like your opion on this one Dela.

Thank You for your Help
    Modman

4. Dela

Ah I dont think it would make much of a difference to be honest.

One question though, did you recently install your dvd burner??? If you did, Nero might have a problem with the fact that it was setup on one recorder. I'd doubt it but you can never underestimate the stupidity of computers!

i'll have a word with some friends on this one and see what I can dig up!!

5. Modman

Modman Guest

In reply to your question, yes the dvd burner was recently installed. In matter of fact when I first bought it and installed it. It was doing the same thing so I thought it was broken so I returned it and got a new one, but it's still doing the same thing.
    The burner is about 2 weeks old. ALso I order the firmware from Pioneer but havent recieved it yet.

Yeap yeap computers can go wild sometimes only understanding 1's and 0's they are pretty dumb.

Anyways THANK YOU for Helping me out on this one. I really appricate your help.
    Modman

6. Dela

is nero able to work with dvd burners????

7. Modman

Modman Guest

Yes it does. I have the most recent verison too. That version is the only that works with DVD burners. And I have read other people use it too.

8. Modman

Modman Guest

Help I still need some help burning these DVD's I am still getting that stupid COMMUNATION ERROR.

I tired somthing different to help me out, I ried just burning 3.0 gig of mp3 onto the dvd and I still got a COMMUNATION ERROR with Nero
    Maybe I should try a different Software program, but I realaized nobody is having the same problem as me.

Please if anybody is out there help me out

9. Zepp

Zepp Member

Hi. You probl. have tried this, but if not, try having your burner as the only drive on your ide bus.

Zepp

10. Dela

Probably a bit late to ask but, Are you sure that your Burner is compatible with Nero?

If you get new software, get CDRWIN 5.0+ cause it looks a hell of a lot like nero and is (in my opinion) better in many ways!

11. easyrider

easyrider Member

Hello all,
    I had the same problem. I just got my dvd-r (Pioneer A04) today and was getting communication errors. Apparantly it is a problem with the writers. You need to turn off DMA or UDMA mode for the writer under system - device manager in control panel. Is working ok after that with Nero.
    B.

12. Nexy

Nexy Member

To get my DVR-104 to work with Nero, I had to take it off my Promise PCI card (RAID mod, but it was working fine with my CD-RW), put it on the second IDE channel and disable UDMA. This, to put it bluntly, is taking the piss. I am not prepared to have a £200 device that takes up between 60% and 90% of my CPU just for reading and writing a DVD, as it renders my PC unusable to an hour and three quarters each time I write and verify. The buffer swings from 90% to below 20%.

If I have it on the promise card, Nero hangs and the nero info tool reboots the system, if I have it on the onboard, with UDMA I get comunication errors. That's the latest version of Nero, the latest firmware for the drive, latest BIOS for the board, latest drivers (inc. VIA 4 in 1). I have tried fresh installs of XP Pro with and without ACPI, the only difference being with ACPI, all my cards share IRQ 11. Microsoft genius. :)
    Looks like I'm gunna return the drive, because it doesn't perform to it's specifications, namely it doesn't work with UDMA. Anything else I should try first?