1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comodo AntiVirus Blocking Firefox?!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Schwaber, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

Earlier today, as usual, I was going to the internet using my 3yr old buddy firefox. Out of nowhere, Comodo Antivirus started preventing me from accessing to my favourite browser and I was ticked off. It just happened so unexpectedly.

As I am writing this thread, I temporarily turned off my Comodo so that I have access to Firefox. But of course, I can't go on with this forever. I need a solution. It says that every time I try to open my firefox, a pop-up shows up from Comodo saying that my firefox is in its HIPS block list. I tried accessing the HIPS block list to unlock it but my luck failed. Each time I go and click HIPS manage block list, it's going to pop up only for a few seconds and quickly closes! Hell, I can't even scan through the list because it keeps on closing the moment I open it. I already tried it several times but to no prevail.

Does anyone know what causes this? If so, would you kindly reply to my rant.I never encountered this problem before and why is this technical problem happening now? I can't figure it out....

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

^ I can't figure out that solution.

4. katgar060

katgar060 Guest

I think that you have blocked Firefox.

*Open the Comodo Program.
    *Go to Security\Application Monitor
    *Check the 'Permission' column status (at the right)for Block
    *Uncheck the "Block"
    *It should work fine.

**Also rebooting might be a requirement.

If it still doesnt work, maybe you should consider changing AVs? You can still keep the firewall.

Useful site:

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v...lows_ie_weird_problem-t20704.0.html;msg142109

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009