1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comp keeps freezing when i try to convert avi files with convertxtodvd

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 1joker1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. 1joker1

1joker1 Guest

hi can anyone help every avi file i try to convert with convertxtodvd
    ends up making my computer freeze i have burned hundreds of avi files and never had this problem before .i have 54% free space on my hard drive ,i cleaned everything up ....is it possible that its a virus in my comp that antivir is not picking up/

Joker

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

could be, you could try uninstalling the program and reinstall and see if that works, also you might be having a overheating problem, try cleaning the fan and the dust and other things out of the vents, also you could do a system restore to the day before this problem started and it might fix your problem, good luck

3. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Also make sure you don't have a lot of programs running in the background.

4. 1joker1

1joker1 Guest

thx mercer,
    i re installed it it didnt help so i cleaned my fan man it was dirty...but it still didnt work...so i have a portable house fan i turned that on behind my computer and was able to covert my movie.
    do you know any way to free up some RAM on my computer/
    i think it might help

thanks again
    Joker

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

there are some little programs that will free up some ram, try useing google and do a search you will find one that will work for you