1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comp power cord

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MRSIRCOOK, Mar 1, 2005.

1. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

im looking for the series of card that we hook up from the comps power switch to the mobo, and then are connected to the ide led, the speakers and thepower led pin connectors on my mother board, i just switch the mobo in my compaq case to a hp, and i think im not getting no power dure the slots and connectots not being in the right place, even if im wrong, can someone please point me in the right direction to what i want.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you put a compaq motherboard into a hp case, correct. but need the pin outs for the ps switch & the other connectors. see if info is printed on the motherboard. also what is the model# of motherboard so might be able to find that info

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Most will have a pdf file online that you can search for pin and jumper layouts for their boards.

As ddp states, if you find on the MB it's model number, you can do a search on the web for these. You might also want to try Compaq website for this same information.