1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compiling dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by spix, Dec 10, 2004.

1. spix

spix Member

I am trying to compile a dvd from different dvd files in Nero v6. nero will not allow me to burn more that one entry as the video _ts is the same name for all the entries and nero recognises them as the same, although they are not. I have tried renaming the other entries , but when they are renamed they are not recognised. Do I have to conpile them befor i burn them onto a dvd and what (easy)program do I use?

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

So you want to make a compilation of scenes from multiple DVDs? With no menu.

1) Get all the DVDs onto your harddrive in VOB files.
    2) Open DVD Shrink v3.2 and go into Re-Author mode.
    3) Use the DVD Browser to find the VOB files of the first movie and drag the movie across to the left window.
    4) Click on the movie and select "Set Start/End Frames" to set the start and end of that piece of movie.
    5) Once done, go back to step 3 for the next movie.
    6) Once you have all the bits of each movie, hit Backup.

Adder.

3. spix

spix Member

thanks for your reply. I gonig to give it a go. i just need to get the mpeg files into vob now which I am using Aurora mpeg to dvd burner.
    Thanks again

4. arobison

arobison Member

Adder

Will this method work for making a music video compilation. I need to mix favorite video's/concert tracks from several DVD's to a Single DVDR.
    Personally I just use A1 DVD Audio ripper and listen to mp3's, but a company exec wants to watch the video also. Any idea's / suggestions? I know I can't be the first one wanting to do this, yet I am not having any luck searching this forum or Internet. I guess I am not using correct terms.

Thanks,
    Anthony