1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete N00b to Xbox DVD Burning!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sonydvdrw, Mar 4, 2005.

1. sonydvdrw

sonydvdrw Member

Hi guys,

2 days ago, I bought my first DVD burner. Its a Sony 710UL External Double Layer 16X burner.

Well, I have a modded Xbox, and I wnated to know how to get games off of the internet (games that I already own of course) and burn them into a Xbox readable CD. I have heard you get the .iso file using Bittorents (way too slo w for me) and then u burn the iso image onto the DVD.

That sounds complicated, and I would rly appreciate any help.

Also, someone in a different thread recommended torrentbits.org for getting files. Whoever actually pays for it, could u send me ur login name/password so that I could get one file (you can just change it before u sned it to me, then after I get hte file, just change it back). That sounds rly cheap and dangerous, so I know that I prolly won't get responses to this anyway. (BTW, if u want to, my e-mail is chaosknight@gmail.com)

Well, I have a DVD burner, 50-pack of Verbatim 8X DVD-R
    s, NERO 6 suite, and DVD Decrypter. Any help would be immensely appreciated!!

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Somehow when you said you want to get games off the net to which you already own, kinda hard for me to believe but whatever =). Besides, it can take days to download a game, totally not worth it. If you already have a modded Xbox and you want to have games on your DVDs as backups, you don't need to download them off the net. Use FTP and connect your PC to your Xbox, then rip your own games and back them up that way with FlashFXP. Only takes 10-15 minutes to rip a game. Also, I suggest you use UIX dashboard for FTP as EVOX dashboard is slow. FYI, I get double the speed in UIX when FTPing with the same cables and settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  3. sonydvdrw

sonydvdrw Member

Well, how do u FTP? Also, I have heard you have to have a different "dashboard" on UR Xbox to do this. How do you put these different "dasboards" in? Also, how do you falsh your modchip? I don't rly know what kind it is, but I got it like 2 1/2 years ago.

BTW, I know how that may have sounded about getting off the net, etc..., but rest assured, I dont pirate!!

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You need to get a disc called Slayer's autoinstaller 2.6. That disc will install Evox Dashboard on your Xbox that will allow you to do FTP. After installation, it should be under system settings, look for IP. On your PC, run FlashFXP and connect by inputting the IP address. Username & Password are both "xbox" without quotes.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

How slow is your conection?

6. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

I have a 5MB per sec d/l from roadrunner-yet it takes me roughly 1-2 days to download-Are you saying that there's a faster way? I use Bit tornado. How long does it take you?

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

i have the same conection and I get a 4 gig game or movie in about 7-11 hours. Maybe you're going to the wrong places.......you could always goto newsgroups as well or start searching irc in closed rings.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

that time is for my torrents....irc and newsgroups are way faster.

9. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Thanks-I just learned something!

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah I was referring to Torrents as it is very slow for me. Last time I was downloading Kung Fu Chaos (about 700MB), it took 4 days and some change, and I have a 2MB. Don't use it anymore though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2005
  11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I have a 5MB but it's more like a 4.2 if you go by my tests....either way that's way too long to wait for a download. The best way is either pay for newsgroups or get an isp that has them in a package.

just did a speed test

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  12. dj_kush

dj_kush Member

say hmm?

2 days at 5mbps? you're joking...

i know a man who knows a man that has a 500k link and can download a 2gb game in a max of 16hrs.

you guys are looking in the wrong places

13. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Well could you PM me @ doubledee32@hotmail.com with the links-If its a pay service thats cool-I just haven't been ablt to find a site that I can D/L faster than 4 days.