1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

complete splinter cell softmod guide

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by monster1, Aug 24, 2005.

1. monster1

monster1 Member

I have searched the web for instructions and parts needed for the splinter cell softmod proccess.To save other people from having to do the same i have put together a guide with links to download pages and a site to buy a part that one can use with a usb storage device instead of using a xbox momory card and a action replay cd-rom.

instructions and action replay download at http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=28592

For xbox usb female converter cable go to http://www.modchip.ca/store/home.php?cat=263

these instructions are for the splinter cell softmod only

1. Copy the contents of SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.Xbox-Hq to your memory device. Also copy
    Splinter.Cell.v2.0.NTSC.Xbox-Hq or Splinter.Cell.v2.0.PAL.Xbox-Hq as it's needed too.
    The best ways are to use a modded Xbox to do it (by unzipping the file and copying the
    contents to E:\) and then transfering to your memory card, or use a Mega X-Key or
    Action Replay to dump the ZIP files on to.

2. Make sure the gamesave is on your unmodded Xbox, then turn it off.

3. Insert Splinter Cell and turn your Xbox on. When you're at the main menu of the game,
    select "Load Game" and then highlight "Linux". Tress A to boot the Installer.

4. Once the Installer has boot, I strongly suggest to make a backup of your C Drive.
    Use the "Create C Backup" option to backup your C drive. To back up the Eeprom you'll
    need to use the Evolution X dashboard, which you will have to install yourself after
    the softmod is done. The Eeprom backup is stored at C:\Backup (this can't be changed
    unfortunately) so please remember this.

5. Install the Softmod. Please note this deletes the MS Dash from C Drive, hence why you
    have been told to use the backup feature.

6. Install what dashboard you wish to use. Unfortunately due to lack of space I can only
    put Evolution X and UnleashX in this package, I hope that is good enough.

7. Shut down your Xbox, then restart it and remove the disc. If this has worked like it
    should, you should see your choice of dashboard (either EvoX or UnleashX). Please note
    if you boot your Xbox and leave the DVD Tray open it will take you back to the menu
    where you installed your Softmod.

8. If you want to put the MS Dashboard back on your Xbox, you'll need to put MS Dash 5960

on your Xbox. The easiest way to do this (once the box is softmodded) is to use my
    Auto-Installer Deluxe to delete the files from C Drive and install the latest MS Dash.
    Note: when this is done you'll have to repeat steps 3 to 7.

9. Restart your Xbox with the DVD tray open to bring up the Softmod menu. Run the "Patch
    MS 5960" now, and it will put the MS Dash back on C Drive, and patch it so your
    Dashboards can now use it. Note, the MS Dashboard will be called msdash.xbe now, since
    the Xbox still needs the hacked xboxdash.xbe in order to boot the softmod. Once you've
    selected this option, it will run through some tasks, then boot PPF-XBOX to do the rest.
    After PPF-XBOX has done it's work it will restart your Xbox.

10. Now is the time to make a backup of your modded C drive. This comes handy just in case
    a game tries to update your dashboard. If this ever happens, just use the "Restore
    Mod Backup". If you ever want to remove the Softmod (mainly for Xbox Live purposes)
    you can restore your backup of C Drive by using the "Restore C Backup" option
    in the Softmod menu.

**I am not responsible for you or anyone else messing up your xbox I have not tessted this instructions yet but I will repost on this page when I do**

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS!!! A.S.A.P.

If for some reason you fallow these instructions and do not work plz contact me through a private message and I will try my best to help you out.

2. xfatalx

xfatalx Guest

were do u get the file???

3. monster1

monster1 Member

Their included in the softmod installer deluxe thing on the first link

4. monster1

monster1 Member

I have finally gotin around to moddin my box but i didnt actually use those files above i used waffletools.Anyways i mite add a link to thos files but for now if u want email me and put softmod files as the subject. my email is monkeyshok@hotmail.com

thnx for readin. :)