1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

completely formatting a computer.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hayden58, Feb 10, 2007.

1. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

wow i would have never guessed it would be the drivers. now i assume ill have to open it up anyway to see what i have for a video card. thanks man. you've been a great help.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are welcome. You can find what video card you have by going to Control Panel/System. Click on Hardware, then on Device Manager. Then click on the + sign in front of Display Adapter. You should see the name of your video card displayed.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i tend to think it is a monitor problem especially if slightly blurry. might be fixable if you can see any controlls at back of monitor. might have to open it to get at those controlls. ram is probably pc100 if not pc133

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You may be right, but he should update the drivers for his video card, also. It beats running in VGA mode.

5. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

ill try that tonight, thanks. i hope its the drivers. if not then how can i tell if its the monitor or the video card? (i dont have 2 of either of those to test out.)