1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comprehensive MIDway Walkthrough/Guide

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i am a bit confused i thought u r trying to get MPT working not the P2Kman...!!!!

2. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

no i already have MPT working i'm trying to get either p2ktools or p2kman working
    MPT is the easiest program and beswt program invented for motorola
    its soo easy to use and very useful.

so any suggestions for p2kman or p2ktools?...

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

okay, what kinf of fone do u have??

and what drivers r u using??? r they suiting ur computer??

plug ur fone then after the "beep" sound go to device manager and tell what do u have drivers that shown belongs to motorola???

4. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

k mossy i have a V220 motorola

1)i have all the drivers for p2ktools and p2kman ut none of them want to be detected by my device manger even if i direct it to the folder which my drievrs arestored. MPT works perfectly for me, i don't know if there is a way to obtain my seem by using mpt cause that would be great since i already have it working.

2)and i guess my drivers uite my computer cause i downloaded the ones for windows XP.

3)when i plug in my phone to the USB in the device manager thing new thing appears named "modems" tehn under modems there is sumthign called "motorola USB modem"

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

6. Nigel_T

Nigel_T Guest

Hi. I have a question. I have a V220 and have tried loading some java games via USB cable. And it all goes well, right up to the point where I press the "DOWNLD" soft key on my phone. I briefly get a "Downloading 0%" screen, then get the message "Download failed". Does anybody have an idea of what I'm doing wrong...or is there some setting that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Nigel_T

7. damnrain

damnrain Member

hey, I think I know what the problem is. It's windows xp. you've got to run regedit (click "start", click "run", type "regedit" then hit enter).

I'll post what you have to do there later. But basically the problem is win xp won't allow the usb drivers to install properly. So you got to use regedit to unrestrict some stuff. The walkthrough is in the help file of p2ktools I think. But I couldn't find the files that it asked me to delete, so I looked for the closest matching one. p2kman works now but p2ktools still doesn't. In fact, when I try to run p2ktools it automatically deactivates my usb modem so I can't use p2kman. As soon as I figure out how to get it working again, I'm going to upload my seems.

uhh.. give me a walkthrough for the seems too could ya mossy?
    thanks

8. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

damnrain:

was that advice for me or was it for Nigel?

mossyy i downlaoded teh file and the device manager says that it can't find the new hardware, then i tried deleting the motorola usb modem from my device manager then i tried installing teh file again , it installed but i tried installing the otehr drivers but it didnt' work.

so i'm back to where i started again

9. damnrain

damnrain Member

that was for you I think; that's if you're having the same problem I am

here's the instructions:

---
    If you use MS Windows XP, some difficulties can arise with p2k driver installation. After installing all drivers, there will be just non-working "USB composite device".
    § You should run the Registry editor (Start->Run…->regedit->OK).

§ Then you should find key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_22b8&Pid_3801\ or something like that.

§ Right-click on key Vid_22b8&Pid_3801 -> "Permissions...", than set Allow "Full control" for user EVERYONE.

§ There is a key inside the key Vid_22b8&Pid_3801 (in this example, it's 5&28da0f34&0&1). You should open it. Find there string "Service", with value "usbccgp". You should change it to "usbhub".

§ Then you should open the subkey "Control". Change there string "ActiveService" value from "usbccgp" to "usbhub".

§ Then delete all key, starting with "Vid_22b8&Pid_3801&MI_xx", where xx is some number. (OF COURSE DON'T DELETE THE KEY, THAT YOU'VE CHANGED!!!)

§ Now you have to disconnect the phone for 5 seconds, then connect it. System should find all the devices again, and you should choose the same driver.

§ Then open P2kMan, wait something about 2 minutes (until Phone status would change to "connected"), then press "Update file list". List of files should appear.

Sometimes you have to reboot your PC.
    ---

I couldn't find the same files so I guessed and changed the closest ones I found. But it still doesn't work properly because the usb drivers still aren't listed in the device manager. If somebody could give me a hand here, I'd appreciate it.

10. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

thank you sooo much i don't know how ti worked but i did what u said damnrain and it worked thanx allot

i thought it didn't work at first but later onl liek 20 sec. later it said new ahrdware foudn and i updated it and this time if foudn all teh drivers

thanx allot

11. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

ok mossy now my p2k man works, finalllyyyy!!! lol

now i need t know how i can get my seem using that program

12. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

actually mossy my p2ktools works so i can do it myself btu how can i put java apploader on my phone wihtout my phone getting screwed up...i need to back it up sumhow

13. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

ok forget all teh questions i jstu asked becasue i fiured out how to do them...here is teh real question that needs to be asnwered:

i opened midway and my java apploder on my phone tehn weh i tried to tranfer a game onto my phone, midway went through all teh steps adn now it was att the part wehre my phone asks e to press teh downlaod button on my phone. after i press download it takes me to teh downlaod page with the bar int eh middle that shows the downlaod status at 0% the it doesn't start the download it sjtu says that it failed to downlaod.

i think thast teh same problem that nigel has

14. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

ok i tried downloading another game and it worked jsut fine...any idea why teh first game failed i treid downaldo ing it 2 time

15. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

People i have been away from computer for 1 day and am back now, checking my email and found that i got 67 emails just from AfterDawn, plz give me a break :D

Nigel_T & cooliebai
    make sure the game suits ur fone....

damnrain
    nice walk i like it man,,, i hope i can find 3 more like u to help over the motorola forum ;)

16. Nigel_T

Nigel_T Guest

Just discovered that that was exactly it, mossyy. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2005
  17. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

nigel do u know where i can get free game to downlaod for my motorola v220?

i don't want to pay an internet fee on my phone or anything

thanx alot

18. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

19. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

hey mossy ont aht site hwo do i download a game..i try to click teh game that i want to downlaod but tis not clickable???

20. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

man i dont download games but i only have this link....