1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compter games will not play

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by King007, Jan 25, 2006.

1. King007

King007 Member

In the past I could burn computer games and play them in the computer and they would work, but now I can't. I tried with The Sims, Call of Duty, and Doom 3 and some will burn to the disc but all the burned ones will not play in the computer. What program will work so I could burn and play with the burn ones in the computer?

2. gjl2002

gjl2002 Regular member

hi you are in the wrong forum :)
    but anyways clone cd will back up pc games you can get a 21 day trial here http://www.slysoft.com/en
    hope this works

3. gjl2002

gjl2002 Regular member

also make sure you use quality media as cheap discs will give you problems.

4. dvdsndict

dvdsndict Regular member

Definetly the wrong forum, but until it gets moved, let me throw in my two cents. What program are you using now, BTW?
    It sounds like you are trying to back up relatively new games. Your burns are probably coming out ok, but most games created in this century employ some sort of copy protection. Popular is a bevy of protections designed to stop the game from running if the Original Game Disc is not in the drive. Examples would be SafeDisc (created by Trymedia Games), SecuROM (Sony's piece of crap), etc. Making back ups of these games is useless because the band of information identifying it as a game CD is missing. In my experience, this is the number one problem with getting back ups to run.
    However, there are programs that can run in the background and stop programs from checking for this identifying band. Depending on what sort of protection the discs have and what version, you will need a certain sort of program. You can use a search engine to find what type of protection your game has and download the counter-program accordingly.
    DISCLAIMER
    I really hope these are your games and your trying to back them up, because we do not support, condone, or allow piracy in the forums, or this website at all. Straight and narrow, catch my drift? So if these are your friend's games, or Torrents at work, I would suggest not posting back with more questions of the like.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  5. JDaRipper

JDaRipper Member

There is another problem apart from the cheap cds, etc. Some windows XP builds are more protected than others against piracy. I tried to play Dawn of War 40K, and Warcraft games with copies I burned myself, and they worked, but there was one computer that I could install it with it, but not play it with the disk. Then I tried to install Alcohol 120% on the computer to play without the disc and there was an error on the installation. IT THE SYSTEM BUILD!! or so I read on some forums, and I also experienced by my self.
    Try to install Alcohol 120% on the computer, or other ripping software,if it does not work, it's your system build, and if it installs good, you are probably burning the game wrong, OR GET BETTER DISCS :)

Hope this helps.