1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compuer's Operating System messed up (formally known as Computer's Bios Messed Up)

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chrlygrn, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

My computer is a IBM 6269RAU. It was working fine, but then the bios messed up and now it won't turn on!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. G_Ush

G_Ush Regular member

-Whats this got to do with PSP?
    -Nice rule-breaking ;)

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Moved to a more appropriate forum and title edited :)

4. jim0_0

jim0_0 Guest

-SNIP-

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
  5. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

My comptuer light comes on, but the only thing that happens is the cd-rw light blinks. The harddrive doesn't spin up either. The hardrive works because I got a friend to test the harddrive. I have XP on a disk anyway. Is there a bios reset disk. I tried EVERY F_ Key. None work!

6. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

Here are 2 pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. engage16

engage16 Regular member

have you tried resetting the bios? two ways of doing so... either removing the battery on the motherboard for about 5 minutes or by changing the jumper?

8. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

You mean the little button battery, like below?
    [​IMG]

9. engage16

engage16 Regular member

yes... make sure the power is unplugged, that your always touching the metal case, and take the battery out for like 5-10 minutes... it will reset the bios and maybe help you out... no promises though

10. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

My battery is
    Code:
    jammed. Uh OH.
    Is it safe to use something to pry it out???

11. engage16

engage16 Regular member

it usually is a little tough to get out... normally it has like a metal clip over it that you have to bend slightly out of the way... i guess you can try prying it a little bit... just be careful don't need anything slipping or breaking...

12. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I just got the battery out :D! I used a pair of scissors, and figures, it was just the lock jammed. I'm wating for the computer for 5-10min and I'll let you know if it fixes it!

keeping ya posted,
    B.C.

13. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

Hi! I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the bios reset, the bad news is somethings wrong with xp!! It shows the boot screen and after "booting" it restarts and keeps going over and over again unless i pull the power cord out. It won't read of my disc either to reinstall xp! HELP!

14. varnull

varnull Guest

OK.. when the first screen with the system stuff comes up there will be some instruction to "press del to enter setup".. or maybe F2 or some other key.. Do that which will bring you into the hardware setup screens.. and then look for "boot sequence".. set it to boot from cd ;)

15. jony218

jony218 Guest

If the computer was improperly shutdown before, the hard drive might have got corrupted. to fix this you need to run the checkdisk\f on the hard drive. This will fix most minor corruption problems.

If you where doing any partitioning/restoration on the hard drive before you had problems, that might have cause problems in the registry. Drive letter problems will cause windows to hang/reboot at the logon screen.

You can check your drive letters with the "paragon justboot corrector" demo. It's an ISO file you burn to a bootcd. It'll bootup the computer and read the registry from a non-booting hard drive. (note the demo is 2 years old and doesn't work on all the latest computers). the newest version of boot corrector is in "paragon partition manager ver.10" but it doesn't have a demo.

justboot demo
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/JustBoot_Boot_Corrector_38938_p/

16. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

Thanks but that won't work. I have moved this to another thread.

17. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

Called
    Code:
    How do you hook more than One hardrive to a Computer
    THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR HELP> PLEASE CONTINUE TO LOOK ON THIS NEW FORUM I POSTED

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@chrlygrn
    Stick w/ this one - the other one is closed

19. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I need to format a 10gb harddrive with a 1gb hardrive, both connected at once. Please help!

The previous post by me that led to the other one was closed by binkie7,
    so this one's being posted here!

20. engage16

engage16 Regular member

are you looking to transfer the data from one drive to another? you need to be more specific with what your asking...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.