1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compuer's Operating System messed up (formally known as Computer's Bios Messed Up)

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chrlygrn, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I have an IBM that won't boot, but i have another hardrive. Is there a way to connect the 1gb and 10gb at once so the 1gb is c: and the 10gb is d: (or another letter) so i can format the 10gb using the 1gb and copy the windows files over?

[​IMG]

2. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

Put the one that needs to be formatted in an external enclosure, hook it up to the PC via USB. Boot up the comp, go to My Computer, right click on the drive you want formatted, click format.

OR

If the hard drive is in the computer, insert the Windows XP disc, and delete the partition(s) on it.

3. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

Wait, is that 2 hard drives or 1 hard drive and 2 partitions?

4. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

2 hardrives. I need to hook them both up because the one gb has xp on it, but the 10gb is blank. They're both internal and I want them hooked at the same time so I can copy the xp files over.
    Code:
    My question is:
    How do you set 1 hardrive to be a slave and the other a master!

5. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

Oh dude, trust me, leave that to someone who knows what they're doing. Unless you can find a guide with pictures and such, don;t go inside your comp. Probably raise another 10 probs for you.

But if you just wanna drag files over, open My Computer, go to the 10gb, then open another My Computer, navigate your way around and drag files over. Haven't you tried that?

Or did you want the system files as well? In that case you would have to back up the hard drive, not just copy files.

6. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

There's nothing on the 10gb. I want both hooked up (the 1gb and 10gb) so i can copy everything over. I'm very good with computers, I just don't know how to set the primary and slave!

7. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

8. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

Thanks! The problem was solved. Thank you for all your help! The post is now closed!

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Closed per request :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.