1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer completely messed up need help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Phyco_Can, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

ok so this is the thing, my girlfried has a computer and im pretty sure that it has a virus this is wats going on.. no icons on the desktop ,which she says haas been like that for about 3 years,this includes the taskbar and start button,the only way to run things is to open task manager and run new program, then this is the even better part...im not able to download anything from the internet, evry time i try to download something the error box pops up(u kno the one with the send,dont send option) and closes the internet box then ur bak to a blank desktop..so hijacking would b a negative.. she has a dell with mayb 512ram running on a windowsxp OS any ideas??

2. onya

onya Guest

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257

Follow this link for some Anti-virus software and freeware. Download and run then RE-start your laptop. Surely AVG or Avast will pick up any Nasties that you may have. Folllow the prompts and don't forget to do a restart afterwards. All viruses should be gone? Yes?

Cheers.

EDIT: Spelling.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  3. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

again, my cpu will not allow me to download ANYTHING