1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Crashed. LOST MY SOUND. :(

Discussion in 'Audio' started by AudioPaul, Apr 28, 2003.

1. AudioPaul

AudioPaul Guest

I just recently had to reinstall win98 on my dell system. I lost alot of drivers for my pci multimedia card. I've checked with dell and I can't come up with anything. I lost the sound on my computer! I have even taken the case off the computer and searched for the serial numbers on google, but without any luck.

I'm hoping that one of you might show me in the right direction. I've been without sound for almost two weeks and it's killing me!

I have tried unplugging the yellow exclamantion points and hoping that windows will update it. But, it doesn't work like either.

Does anyone know of a universal driver for my audio card?

Thank you,
    Paul.

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I've never heard of a universal sound card but I could be wrong.

When you reinstalled Win98, was it a Restore disc or a full OEM copy? It might autodetect itself but not always [such as my Hercules GTXP and Turtle Beach A3DXstream].

You can also check out Dell's website too. Or if you're still covered by Dell, try calling them.

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

This might be an excellent chance for you to upgrade to Windows2000. It's auto-detecting is quite good.

4. BJD2

BJD2 Member

You need to find out what soundcard you have and then download the drivers from the manufacturers website.