1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by liuanator, Jun 21, 2005.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp

I chatted with Vinjay at Dell (cough) and he said the technology is not quite ready. The stuff I found at Dell seems to indicate problems. He did let me know how to change the colors and intensity so I'll wait for that faithful upgrade in LightFX software. Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Good grief, Garmoon! Why would you pull up a 3 year old thread, just to post a "me too"? That isn't like you. :(

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well it didn't appear that he ever said what his problem turned out to be. Plus I now know the first thing I'll check is the ethernet card if pc won't boot again. That I could have fixed myselfEdit:

@grandpa
    I was actually looking for help for a LightFx program and this popped up in the search. i was that guy last week.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp
    Yeah I found that page Sat. and for the life of me could not find it yesterday. The tech guy said that won't work on the new XPS630 so far. I was going to download itbut he talked me out of it.

6. fanatic71

fanatic71 Member

Garmoon could you plese explain to me a bit more in details, what happened with the ethernet card 'cause I think I am experiencing simular difficulties.

I have built a new system and it was not even powered up ones! I have placed the network card into the slot on the mobo and I heard something very strange, I kept assembling my unit and when I have completed the assembly and I powered up the green light went on on the mobo all funs were runing but since, I do not get any beep from the BIOS and also my Screen goes black

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@fanatic71

You situation seems different from mine. My computer was dead in the water. You push the power on button on front of pc and nothing- I mean nothing-no fans, no monitor. It plain won't start. Just as if I had not tried to turn it on. If I had taken the ethernet card out it probably would have started. Tech told me that it's short caused mother board not to allow boot-to prevent further damage I assume. When I opened case, I also had the green light on MB. I asked the tech when i brought it if the power supply could be bad if green light was on and he said it could still be bad.

Since your fans are on also my screen never went black, it stayed black. Since you heard strange noise when put net card in wouldn't hurt to remove it check pins and turn on pc w/o it. Cheap fix if it's the card. good luck

8. fanatic71

fanatic71 Member

@garmoon

Thanks anyway, my problem is generally thet my BIOS does not beep by power on and I ment also that my screen stay black.

Thanks ones again!