1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer DVD Player stops halfway through

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Franc1s, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Franc1s

Franc1s Guest

The DvD player on my computer stops after playing a movie for a few minutes. I use PowerDVD v.4 but i have tried with other players as well. I'm suspecting a hardware problem, it just seems to slow down and stop reading for no reason at all. This gives me problems ripping DvDs as well. I'd really appreciate some help here, I've run out of ideas.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What are the specs on the computer?
    2. Does it happen with ALL dvds are just some?
    3. Could the problem be overheating?
    4. ASPI?

3. Franc1s

Franc1s Guest

I have a amdxp2000 system with an LG dvd player. It doesn't do stop on ALL dvds, but certainly more then 75% of the ones I try. All my dvds work in my laptop. I have 7 fans blowing air through my system, so I've never expected overheating problems. After a DVD stops palying for no reason, restarting the PC is the only way it will play again.

4. tomcat619

tomcat619 Member

I had the same trouble until I changed my display resolution to 1024x768. All the player crashed after a few minutes untill I changed it.

5. TiNiB

TiNiB Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, but DVDs i buy from the shops are fine, it some DVD-Rs that dont work.

Either they play about half then stop/crash or the DVD drive tells me it does not recognize the media or the media may contain errors.

I've tried windows media player, Intervideo WinDVD and Power DVD and they all give the same results.

answers to Praetor's questions:

1. What are the specs on the computer?
    1.7GHz, 256MB RAM, DVD-ROM Drive

2. Does it happen with ALL dvds are just some?
    Only some DVD-R discs, DVds purchased from shop are fine.

3. Could the problem be overheating?
    ?

4. ASPI?
    Whats this?