1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Freeze with Nero6 Trial

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by megglle, Feb 24, 2005.

1. megglle

megglle Member

Hello everyone!

I hope someone can help me...I am stuck.
    I am attempting to convert and burn 3 1-hour episodes onto a DVD.

I followed the guide on how to convert an .avi to mp2. I believe it worked. Then I was unable to use the recommended software (IFOEdit) to author a DVD since one of the files wasn't the right size and I wanted menus. I went with the next suggestion, which was to downloaded the latest version of Nero (6.?)

I am able to add the files, make a menu, etc. -- when it comes to burning I am stuck.
    I tell it to burn the DVD. It says it is working on the menu, the time elapsed and the progress increases. Then it goes to "burn data to disc" and the computer freezes. The time elpased continues to go up, but the progress timer stays the same. I see no progress on the progress bar. I have waited for over 8 hours and no progress was shown at all.
    I know notebook burners aren't usually the best,but it is what came with my computer.It is a QSI DVD+/-RW. I think the make DVD write speed is 4. This is a new notebook I got last month with only a few things on the hard drive.

I am not sure what to do next.
    I feel I have searched this message board for answers but I might just be missing them or maybe it hasn't been discussed...
    I have no other DVD authoring software that I am aware of on my computer. The harddrive is barely used but I defragged anyway. Iam using the most up to date version of Nero. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give. I am willing to learn - links or advice would help. I might even be missing something obvious but I have gone overthis for a few days now and I dont' know what it could be..

Meg

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Megglle,
    Do you have any other burning software installed on your notebook?
    HW.

3. megglle

megglle Member

Hey
    Thanks for responding so quick

I have the software that was originally given to me with the notebook--power producer gold. It is the basic version so it can only do vcd, not DVD. Also, I have the IFOedit software. Do you think I need to uninstall this software?

Meg

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What are the specs on your computer?
    What brand of DVD media are you using?
    Have you tried to just put the file on your Hard Drive first?