1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer Hangs up

Discussion in 'Audio' started by nickcunit, Apr 23, 2002.

1. nickcunit

nickcunit Member

Thanks for the links, however i would still like to know why the internal drive can extract in cdex and real jukebox but hangs in eac and feurio when i try to extract. maybe somebody knows why this could occurr as in theory if one extraction program has no problems with the system config then why do the others hang the system every time.

2. nickcunit

nickcunit Member

After following advice i recieved my internal cdrom can now extract audio from cdex , feurio cd mananger and even real jukebox but not eac. Although i can playback and listen to a cd in eac as soon as i give a command to extract to wave the whole system hangs, this makes me think that the problem is in eac as the other progs now have no problems , i think that eac is installed correctly as i can extract using my external drive no problem. After so much time trying to sort this i hope someone can help me.
    Nick.

3. andavari

andavari Member

Nothings more frustrating than having one program cause so many headaches, reminds me of Windows.

Here's a couple of links that may help you out. Submitting a bug report may be a good ideal just in case Andre doesn't know about some of the problems you've encountered.

1. EAC's F.A.Q. section:
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/eac11.html

2. EAC Bug Report page:
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/eac8.html

4. nickcunit

nickcunit Member

Well after another week of experiments i still cant extract from my internal drive in EAC although as i said earlier i can use it to play cd's no problem(so i know that eac recognises the drive ok) only when i give an instruction to extract the whole system hangs, I can extract in CDEX, Feurios Cd Manager, Real Jukebox etc with no problems whatsoever, as well a i have no problem to extract in EAC using my external rw drive so i think that eac is installed correctly i have tried asapi and aspi layers , deinstalling all other software and still no luck any body have any ideas i would be gratefull.
    Nick.