1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer HAS No VIDEO!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by SOCOMII, Oct 22, 2005.

1. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Hello i Have a computeer that worked perfectly fine. Then one day i went to boot it and there was no signal(monitor goes Black). I assumed it was the video card so i took another working video card, put it and and still the screen is black. the Computer is booting just fine, It is turning on all the fans and lights and the hdd is turning on.

Any suggestions to what my problem might be

PS: the other day i accidentaly left my monitor switch box on auto ovenight( this switches the screen on my monitor from 1 computer to another) i am thinking this might have broken something but the other computer works perfectly fine.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

remove all cards, ram & data cables to the motherboard except for videocard & 1 stick of ram, reseat those. reseat the motherboard power connector(s). clear the cmos with the cmos jumper as might kick start the computer. look at the can shaped objects on the motherboard as they are capacitors & see if are flat topped not domed. try another psu.

3. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

try to boot the pc in vga mode.
    if trying other video cards remember to remove drivers before installing new or othaer vga card.

4. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

I have tried Everything you all suggests but how am i suppouse to install drivers when i cant see anything on my monitor. Also i put in another psu and still nothing. Also how do i boot pc in VGA mode.

Any other Suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  5. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

WELL if you turn on your pc and nothing shows you can,t boot in vga mode.

but if you can see the bios start screen then press f 8 key until you see a menu that says vga mode

if you try everything we post it them its time to check your mobo!!