1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer help badly needed please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ashtonjay, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

Everytime my pc is connected to the internet (broadband through ntl)
    it shuts down the second I connect my lead to the back.

I get this message all the time:

Error Signature:

BC Code: d1
    BCP1: 00000011
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: F80AOBC5
    OS Ver: 5_1_2600
    SP: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

I get the Microsoft option to 'send' or 'don't send', so I choose don't send (as I am not connected to the internet). The messages below are more specific to the problem. In device manager there is a ? by VGA - I tried to install monitor drivers from the disk and it will not install.

Error Report Contents:

C:\windows\minidump\mini041705-03.dmp
    C:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp\wer1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

(I have had to install my old hard drive to enable me to get on the net and type this message) Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated.

2. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

I dont know to much about this subject, but have you checked the properties under my network places?

3. hogan

hogan Regular member

Are you using a USB port for your broadband connection? If so you may have a bad install of SP1 on your computer. Delete it, redownload and install it again. I had this same problem awhile back. Doing this worked for me. I later went with an ethernet card and never have any more prolems.

4. haimback

haimback Regular member

hello ashtonjay,
    first off what lead are you trying to connect while comp is turned on and conected to the net?
    If you see a ? next to any component in device manager it's not installed correctly(as you thought) check manufactureres site for updated drivers.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the question mark by the vga is for videocard not monitor so if video is onboard check on motherboard cd.

6. hogan

hogan Regular member

According to Microsoft, the BCCode : d1 errors are usually caused by driver problems. It's known to occur with ATI video cards and not having the latest driver as well as some USB product issues.