1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Keeps Resetting

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DynoO, Feb 15, 2005.

1. DynoO

DynoO Member

My Computer Keeps Resetting When I Usually Play A Game, Burn A DVD Or Just After It Resets For Doin One Of The Other 2, ANyone Know Whats Wrong I Have A Bit Of Money To SPend On New Parts....What Part Will I need?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check to see if cpu fan is running properly & heatsink is somewhat cool to touch. also clean the fins of the cpu heatsink. check that all the cans(capacitors) are flat top not domed. what is your performance level in resources. check for spyware with adaware se or spybot s&d

3. RyanB

RyanB Member

How often does it reboot itself. Before doing anything major go to the bios and check the temps if they are high 70+ take a look inside and see if you have dust clogging things.

4. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

Sounds like you need a PSU with a higher wattage(w)
    Howmany watts do you have in your current PSU .try unhooking couple of devices if you have 2 CD roms un plug the power wire of it andd on the Floppy disk and if you have one of those fanyc temprature thing take off the power of it too then try playin a game or simply borrow a PSU from someone which has more watts than yours and try

5. Davzy

Davzy Member

also try testing your memory with memtest or another program, faulty ram is a cause of ALOT of restarts