1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer keeps restarting! Please Help!! Kavo.exe

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by pspcube, Sep 9, 2007.

1. pspcube

pspcube Member

hi. i'm having a serious problem w/ my computer. I recently found out i was infected by a malware called kavo. this is a trojan that drops kavo.exe and kavo0.dll in the system32 directory. it is initiated by a file in c: called autorun.inf that is program to run a file called ntdelect.com that is dropped in all root drive. This trojan's prevents u from being able to show hidden files. I made some changes back to what it should be and was able to view the hidden files. I was able to delete autorun.inf and ntdelect.com. After i deleted those 2 files i ran a virus scan to make sure i got everything. One other file this malware does is that it also added a file called wincab.sys in the system32 directory. so i deleted after the virus scanner found it. I was asked to reboot to finish the cleaning and I could never get back to windows xp. My computer never makes it to the windows logo and it just keeps restarting. If anyone is familiar w/ this virus, please help me! thanks a lot!

2. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

3. IanJasper

IanJasper Member

pspcube, if still your pc can't open the operating system it might be corrupted due to deleting viruses detected by your antivirus... try reinstalling the operating system (XP). Don't worry because important files will not be deleted. It will only overwrite the installed OS. The only problem is that installed programs before you reinstall the OS will not function so you need to reinstall again all software....