1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer rebooting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sdupree46, Oct 8, 2003.

1. sdupree46

sdupree46 Guest

making dvd slide show using SHOWBIZ / 140 pictures and background music - total duration less than 15 minutes.
    During final processing the computer will automatically reboot before the project completes / any help would be appreciated.
    Computer - p4 1.7 celeron 512K memory
    40 gig HD / --- Could increasing the virtual memory help eliminate this problem ??

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2003
  2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The memory is OK. What OS are you using? Does the project get completed? Each image is on screen for only 6 seconds by my calculation. I prefer them to be there for 15-20 secs as otherwise you don't really see them! What settings are you using to render with Showbiz?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  3. sdupree46

sdupree46 Guest

The operating system that i'm using is w2000 professional. The project does get completed and reboots while attempting to burn. I'm using the default settings in showbiz - my burner is a sony UW-10A. The burner is only about 3 weeks old and works great. This is the only problem i have had. I did increase the virtual memory and completed the project with no problems. I don't know if the change in virtual memory was really the remedy. I've completed a couple of other slide projects with no problems before i changed the memory setting but they were not quite a long as this one. Your help and/or advise is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2003
  4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Increasing the memory is probably the answer then. Make sure you are using the latest burning software eg Nero 5.5.10.54 and make sure Showbiz is set as compatible with your OS (as shown in properties).