1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer restarts everytime i put a blank disk in! help needed PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by JOSh765, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Yeah, I agree with that. All my data is backed on an external HD but, doing a clean install just for a DVD-ROM problem wouldn't be my first choice...ya know? 750 GB is alot of damn data! I'm sure it's not completely full but even half of that is still alot of data to reinstall.

2. LazyWorkr

LazyWorkr Guest

I can't imagine having a 750gb HD slam full of stuff (I didn't even know you could buy a 750gb HD). I mean at the most I have about 100gb of stuff on my external HD. So you might want to just try and fix the problem like Niobis said. I know most of these restore disks that come with pc's give you the option to reinstall windows components without formating and losing data, maybe that will work. It's just easier for me since I can plug in my usb HD and transfer my stuff over within a few minutes. Tigerdirect has these cool USB to IDE cables you can use on an old HD if you have an old internal HD laying around. Because that is going to take a long time to burn all those disks.